Cruel Joke by Circuit Overseer

by diamondblue1974 41 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

What is extremely spiritual and loyal but has no brain cells?

Answer

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A circuit overseer -

do not get mad get even

• fairy
    fairy

They always use scare tactics ...why?

They dont encourage by mentioning good positive things etc....its usually always scare tactics.

It's not fair. No wonder they are all screwed up.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I am speechless. This is going in the The Best of... WTS and How it Controls People

I'm still speechless

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thats an old joke..I`m surprised JW`s still fall for it..He can probably tell the same story,at the same hall next week..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• nelly136
    nelly136

was that the weirdo talk i remember as a kid where there was banging and shouting at the hall door by 'people' coming to arrest us? would have been about the 70's i think?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I don't see what this big fuss is about. After all, lying, manipulating, abusing and scaring God's creatures by lying, manipulating, abusing and scary assholes is all "Bible-Based(tm)".

Farkel

• JeffT
    JeffT

This story also rings a bell for me, from about the mid seventies. The CO playbook is pretty lame.

I remember a talk that a district overseer gave once at a circuit assembly regarding moral cleanness. He said that if a person had slept around with people before they were married and in the "truth" then the chances of them cheating on their spouse was very high.

I wonder what the DO would have done if everybody there had asked why they were going out in field service if there was no hope of changing people?

• ChelseaScott
    ChelseaScott

I remember when I was about 13 years old a CO did something very simular. I was sick to my stomach... at 13. I almost started crying, because being 13 and all I was fully sure of what it ment, but I figured we were going to jail or something horrible. I was so upset about his stupid "joke".

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    I think any logical thinking person would know that JW's aren't (news-wise anyway) the "You've heard it here first" crowd

That's quite true. After all, congregations only encounter the CO twice every 12 months! If an announcement like that were real, it would be more practical for the local POs to give it in their relevant congos.

Tsk ... and to think his talk was considered "powerful".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit