Corpus Christi JW's/ex JW's?

by gaiagirl 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I began wondering what ever became of many of the people I used to know when I lived in Corpus Christi, Tx. Haven't heard from these people in years, and wondering if they are still in, or out, and how their lives are at present: Marvin Smith Jr.; Tim and Cindy Constance,; Ron and Donna Russell,; Tim and Terry Sparck,; Marty and Barb Jarosewski,; Skip and Debbie McCreery,; Vikki Johnson and her husband Mark (sorry, forgot your married name),; Tim Zorzi,; Ed Kretzinger a.k.a. "Mr. K" (just call, thats all),; Jim and Shirley McCreery,; Elenora Genteman,; Chico and Lupe Hernandez, and their son Charlie,; Bruce and Cindy Dozier,; . They probably don't remember me, but I'd like to know what they are doing, and if they are happy now.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I'm not from CC but I think the McCreerys are doing good, in mathis I think. The Kretsingers are ok last I heard in flower bluff??? Maybe? I dont know the others

• betrayed1
    betrayed1

Ed Kretzinger passed away a couple years ago.

• datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

And I thought I was the only Corpus Christi exJW. Skip and his wife are fine. Her name isn't Debbie and I can't think of it right now. The others sound familiar but I don't keep up with many JW's being disfellowshipped and all.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

no kiddn ed kretsinger died? Dang Im behind the times.

Congrats on your Junior member datsdethspicable :)

• zman
    zman

I dont know any jws from Corpus but Iam moving there at some point in the next month or two!!!! So we need to organize a Apostabeach party!!!

• datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

Finally after all these years I am no longer a newbie

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Thank all of you for your replies. Sorry to hear about Ed Kretzinger, but probably shouldn't be surprised, he would be getting pretty old by now. Ed used to handle accounts at circuit assemblies, and frequently would have a part on the final day of the assembly detailing expenses for the rental of the assembly hall, etc, and total contributions so far. Almost always, contributions were not sufficient to match expenses, and he would exhort attendees to make further donations. I finally remembered correctly that Skip is married to Tammy, don't know why I thought Debbie was her name (perhaps Tammy had a sister?), in any event, I'm happy to hear they are well. If anyone learns of any of the others I asked about, I'd still like to know. Zman...if you are moving TO Corpus Christi, you might like a restaurant located under the bridge going out to Padre Island called Snoopys. They used to have very good seafood, burgers, and beer.

• betrayed1
    betrayed1

[quote]Sorry to hear about Ed Kretzinger, but probably shouldn't be surprised, he would be getting pretty old by now. Ed used to handle accounts at circuit assemblies[/quote]

To hear Ed's responsibilities described that way is so surreal. Handled circuit accounts? LOL! Ed Kretzinger was Corpus Christi JW-dom. City Overseer for decades. Perennial Assembly Overseer. The prime mover in anything that got done in South Texas related to Jehovah's Witnesses.

• sandydandy
    sandydandy

Hey IM HERE! IM an EX JW and in Corpus Christi! Please someone call me if you know anyone in Corpus Christi- 361-331-0244!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit