TICKETMASTER SUCKS !!!!!!!!!

by xenawarrior 10 Replies latest jw friends

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

GRRRRRRRRR. I'm so angry right now.

I got everything set up to order tickets for Santana w/ Los Lonely Boys at the Marcus Amphitheater for Summerfest. I love Santana and I've never seen them. My daughter also loves them and we both like Los Lonely Boys as well. I was getting tickets so we could go together for a couple of days and see the concert and spend 4th of July at Summerfest. It was to be her Birthday present.

Tickets were to go on sale at noon today so I had everything all ready to go at 11:00 a.m. with the Ticketmaster website pulled up on my computer and both my brother and I with phones ready to go through the phone order. We even checked out how long it would take to go through the menu system on the phone so we'd be dialing in right at noon.

So that we did. And on my brother's phone we got 6 tickets in the reserved section right in the middle of the stage in C which is the 3rd row!

I enter all my information and their system repeats it all back to me and it even told me how much my credit card would be charged etc. Soooooooooooooo. I get all through entering my credit card info and go on to the next step and through some stupid glitch in their system it takes me through entering my ccard info again. It did this 6 times and I dutifully entered it and it just kept taking me back to the same place.

To make a long, ugly, disappointing, infuriating story short (like that's possible at this juncture), my order didn't go through. I get 3 different "customer service" (there is no such thing) reps on the line and they basically tell me "we're sorry for any inconvenience but we can get you the best available seats in nose bleed heaven or we now have some over on either the far left or right of the stage so you'll have a really good view of the speakers" And those "other" seats I could easily have gotten on my own as I was looking at them on my computer screen at that very moment!

So even though I did what I was supposed to do and sat on the phone for one and 1/2 hours and entered everything in the way their system wanted it- someone else will be sitting in our seats for that concert.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THIS COUNTRY? And "Frank" the final CSR I spoke with - if I had someone working for me, dealing with customers the way he dealt with me, I'd fire his ass in a New York minute.

And the worst part about it? There isn't a damned thing anyone can do about it. Ticketmaster is IT when it comes to tickets for an event and we are at their "mercy" and they just plain don't have any.

Sorry for the ramble, I'm reallly reeaallly reallllllllllllly angry right now.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Sorry Xena. That really really sucks and is so frustrating.

I know when Nickelback came to town, CJ, myself and our youngest daughter, were on the phone for close to 2 hours, just trying to get through to the box office. We finally got trhough, only to learn it was all sold out.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Awww man! I'm sorry XW!

Can you call and talk to that dude's supervisor? Not that you want to spend anymore time on the phone, I'm sure!

You are right about customer service in this country. I feel like I am treated so rudely everywhere I go by people who just should not be in customer service. I'm one of those annoying people that call corporate offices and write emails. Pretty effective sometimes. Sometimes not.

Hugs to you! Sorry for your disappointment.

~Tracy

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

((((((((thanks)))))))) you guys. It is really frustrating. My daughter will be 17 in July and I really wanted to do this with her.

Nancy, I will be writing letters and calling and doing whatever I can. I asked to talk to a supervisor and was hooked up with "Frank" who decided that his rendition of customer service was to talk continuously at the same time I was-even after I explained that if we were both talking at the same time neither of us could hear one another or get anywhere. He then said "Okay maam, please let me know when I have permission to speak" (the little punk!!!!) He thought the whole phone call was funny and was saying the most sarcastic things to me that I couldn't believe my ears. He actually had the audacity to tell me that I "could look at the situation as though their system failed in some way if I needed to but that was merely my opinion". GRRRRRRR. I run a business and he'd be looking for a new job if I found out he was talking to customers like that.

P.S. ((((((xjwb12))))) I'm sorry that you didn't get to see your concert- it's fun to do things like this with our kids. They are only around for so long, ya know?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I got tickets 6 months in advance for Dave Matthews. nosebleed. through ticketmaster

Two days before the concert my neighbor downstairs gets tickets next to the stage. I was enraged.

What I found out is that sections close to the stage are closed until the production people come to see if set-up needs them. They open the sections the general public at the last minute if not needed. It's a risk but I have held out for better seats to see Eric Clapton and John Mayer.

I love Santana and Los Lonely Boys. LLB will be in Memphis and New Orleans at the end of April.

I know you are fuming.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake
    it's fun to do things like this with our kids.

Xena,

You are such a loving mother to want to do stuff like this with them!!

• talesin
    talesin

Arrgghh!! Sorry to hear that XW. I know you were really excited about that concert.

And what a little snot you had to deal with. Glad to hear you're gonna pursue the matter.

XJW_B12 - oh man, that sucks - Nickelback, too :(

t

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THIS COUNTRY?

Good question. I know this, there ain't any anywhere. Nobody gives a damn.

But I vote with my pocketbook. I refuse to beg someone to take my money. If I'm treated bad at a store, I don't go back and I make sure I tell everyone I can about that place.

So thanks for the heads up Lisa. I will not patronize Ticketmaster.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

That's what pretty much happened after Nine Inch Nails tickets went on sale. Total system meltdown.

Luckily I got some for the later announced second date on the 5th of July.

Shame these days you're not only fighting against other fans but the huge amount of ebay touts trying to make some easy money.

-

Ignored One.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    That's what pretty much happened after Nine Inch Nails tickets went on sale. Total system meltdown.

That is what happened today- the first CSR I talked to was the nicest and told me that U2 tickets went on sale at the same time today and that probably overloaded their system. Thing is, if their system cannot handle the sales of such large volumes without reacting the way that it did with my transaction, it's not my problem as the consumer. If they can't handle the job they shouldn't be doing it. "Your transaction should be okay with Ticketmaster however, if you happen to be ording tickets on the same day that a hugely popular band's (such as U2) tickets go on sale all you'll get from us is an "I'm sorry" and some smart ass Customer Service Rep we decided to place on the job"

XW, still angry- can ya tell?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit