Whatever happened to the pioneer-assist program?

by Goldminer 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Toronto_Guy
    Toronto_Guy

In my area, a number of those who joined this program were co-incidentally df'd shortly after being part of it...some of the pioneers thought it was a bit strange lol

To be honest, I knew one young person and his mother who made alot of "progress" as a Witness b/c of this program. He is very shy and quiet, and after being in the program with an M.S. and regular pioneer, he was conducting his own Bible study and even auxiliary pioneered. I'm not sure how he's doing now b/c i'm df'd, he used to be a good friend of mine.

toronto_guy

• vitty
    vitty

Actually this worked for me

I was told, it was for ones who had the potential to become pioneers, so I swallowed that.

Then I was assigned to a friend who was pioneering, so we had a good time and in fact she was really good, by the end of 6 months I was doing the service with just the bible instead of just doing tracts and mags.

I felt a lot more confident and auxilery pioneered myself more often.

Had loads of return visits and that.

I really felt I was achieving something. The problem is its all for nothing in the end.

After 12 months I was back on tracts, wandering the streets again, it just doesnt last

• Es
    Es

I agree with blueblades.... pioneers feel they are above the weak and lowly ones.

It makes me sick.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Oh God! I was one of the "spirually weak" ones that was asked to participate when they first started this. The artificial friendship I had with this pioneer became even more artificial. And you can see, it did wonders for me!

• rick1199
    rick1199

In my congregation the pioneers ended up with the 2 elders daughters who they worked with every week any way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit