Massage School

by darkuncle29 19 Replies latest jw friends

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Hey peoples. I just signed up for school to get a Massage certification/degree. I'm scared at how expensive it is. But I look forward to getting "something" started in my life. I'll be going to Ashmead in North Seattle. My physical dissabilties make me a usefull learning tool for the other students, plus being a guinea pig for massage will help me out too.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Best wishes on your new endeavor, DarkUncle!!!

~*~*~**~*~*~*

I went to massage school myself. I hope you enjoy it and receive many benefits.

~Merry

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

My wife was a massage therapist for a few years but stopped because of the physical strain.

You can make pretty good money though.

Just remember to pace yourself and don't burn yourself out. Your guinea pig plan sounds like a winner! Can I be a guinea pig too?

Good luck! (oops, we're not supposed to say that!)

Many good fortunes! (that's better....i think)

• Odrade
    Odrade

Good move IMO! Just waiting on my license here, I should have it within the week. Don't be too scared, if you have specific concerns, give me a holler, I'll PM you my number/email.

O

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Just out of curiosity, is massage one of those employment areas that has a WT question mark over it? You know, as in: touching other peoples' bodies that are in a state of undress, etc.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Steph, I knew several JW massage therapists, including a pioneer who went on to Bethel. Never heard any criticism of it.

Oh, and darkuncle... congrats and good luck!

• Odrade
    Odrade

I don't think so. I think it's one of those up and coming "go to massage school it only takes a year then you can earn good money part time and pioneer without having to waste your time and risk being corrupted with independent thinking by going to college" things.

I've heard of several good little pioneer girls who have gone to massage school around here. BUT, they are strongly cautioned not to be "seduced" by the "demonic energy therapies." LOL!

O who guarantees she won't be using her LMT to "work part-time and pioneer."

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Enjoy! I went to massage school last year but had to leave in the middle of it due to family schedule. I loved it, though.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

When I'm licensed, or at least got some training, it would be cool to have a bunch of us get together for Aposta-Massage-Fests.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I was a LMT back in the day I owned a business called "Massage Masters." I got out of it and let my license lapse... It was fun for a while though!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit