The magazine/legal name "Watchtower"

by truth_about_the_truth 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

Of all names...Have you ever wondered why the flagship magazine and of the society is called the "Watchtower"?

• dh
    dh

"there must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Because back in the day, a guy would sit in the watchtower and actually watch for incoming threats, like an army approaching etc, then he would WARN the townspeople of the incoming attack.

The JWs said that the magazine was like a warning about armeggedon and they were the "watchers of the world heralding the Lord's presence" or something like that.

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

JTP,

That's the "official" reason why they named it that, but I found something else that's a bit disturbing.

It has to do with CT Russell. In addition to dabbling with pyramids, he also is known to have dabbled in Enochian magic.

Here is an excerpt of what I found at this site regarding this subject:

http://www.supertarot.co.uk/magic/enoch.htm

The Enochian System of Magick, the Spiritual and Magickal Pinnacle
    of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, has three main areas:
    the 30 Aethyrs, the 91 Governors and the 4 Watchtowers.
    Most reference books show the Aethyrs and Governors in sequential order,
    as given by John Dee, skating over the fact that there are exactly 22 Governors
    in each Watchtower (leaving two squares over that are added together to produce
    a 92nd Governor, who is considered to be evil).
    There have also been attempts to use other occult models such as the
    Tree of Life (Pat Zalewski), or the Gupta-Vidya model (Schueler).
    They have some use, but there are also problems with them.
    The Keys to understanding the Powers of the Tarot are scattered amongst various publications:

There are supposedly 4 Watchtowers which play a prominent role in this realm of belief.

Could the name "Watchtower" have originated with Russell's involvement with this type of thing?

• metatron
    metatron

Dude, I've been saying this for sometime now. Russell used a number of pagan symbols - and the occult organization

called the "Golden Dawn" was well known in his day. When Russell lived, sorcerers were the only ones who made prominent

use of the tetragrammaton or the Capitalized term "Watchtower".

metatron

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth

Wow metatron,

- So the Golden Dawn originates with an occult organization

- "Watchtower" was used by sorcerers of the time. (which must undoubtedly have something to do with the reference above)

And the symbol and name still stands as the 'modern day' trademark of the supposed "Jehovah's visible organization" on earth.

*sniff sniff* ...I smell something fishy

Thanks for clearing that up metatron.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

There seems to be a connection between the works of C T Russell and the belief system of the 'Golden Dawn' and 'hermatic order of the Golden Dawn'.

Proving a connection seems tricky and yet there were masonic symbols on the books and magazines. 'Cross and crown' and 'compass and square' being used by masonic orders all seems to give the WTB$ a dodgy foundation given what they cliam is a pagan free organization.

That Charlieboy used pyramidology and astrology to finally come to 1914..........................but try showing that to the 'mind cleansed' dubbies.

I'd still like to find information connecting the 'reject/mock the Christ' ritual to the 'memorial'......just for my own satisfaction if nothing else.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Is there a connection with Golden Dawn & Golden Age?
    New World Order & New World Society?
    Which spirit spoke to Franz? (an older bethelite told me about how bethelites used to whisper around his room so as not to disturb him, one never knew when the spirit was enlightening him)
    This religion mixed the techings of the demons in from the beginning, nothing surprises me anymore about them and I believe anything is possible when it comes to this antichrist religion.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Is there a connection with Golden Dawn & Golden Age?
    New World Order & New World Society?

It seems almost possible to ignore doesn't it?!?!

Getting irrefutible proof is the hard part.

Indeed 'New Order' was a term also used by the Nazis as I under stand it.

Which spirit spoke to Franz?

This is news to me. It doesn't surprise me though, Freddie was a bit odd. If John Barr came up with 'overlapping' when he was diagnosed as having altzheimers & schitzophrenia (how to prove this though??), makes me thing perhaps old Freddie was ill in the same way......given the things he came up with.

• Dutch-scientist
    Dutch-scientist

I think only prisons has watchtowers.

To enslave a member you need to control them by an way, so they use Watchtowers instead of the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit