When Death Leaves You All Alone.

by Englishman 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Also sound advice to heed before one gets slammed by the proverbial bus, Anglo-Saxon dude.

I'm surprised your spouse didn't say, "Why wait to build a new life, take on fresh interests and travel the world as much as possible...lets start now!"

You obviously dont read much of what I post! As it happens we lead a very full life and travel Europe extensively. My point was that many bereaved persons sort of fade away with grief and dont try to enjoy themselves when their partner dies, because they seem to think that rebuilding one's life as a single person is some sort of betrayal.

Unlike most dubs, I have taken care to see that the surviving mate is well provided for by means of life insurance, a few grand in the bank is never to be sneezed at.

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• Flip
    Flip
    As it happens we lead a very full life and travel Europe extensively.

Englishman, no doubt you do! However, I did read and fully understand your original post. I happened to think it was important.

Although my response was to you and your spouse, my comments should have been directed to those who may have forgone a full life in preparation for the "long dirt nap". That it's never to late to make a change now and get on the "band wagon".

Sorry about the confusion Englishman, I keep forgetting folks from Great Britian think “vertically”, while North Americans mostly think “horizontally”! :)

Flip

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Englishman,
    Wonderful sentiments. I wish I'd had such an outlook b4 my wife passed away. It took several years until I was able to embrace our former life together, and not focus so much on my loss.
    TY for such soud advice.
    Boozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit