My JW parents and JW ex-wife

by Cygnus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

I think that for many jw they are just getting tired, i talked to a buddy of mine this morning

when he left 5 yrs ago, his mom told him she wish he was a drug dealer instead, when his first child was born, she returned the pictures

his mom remarried to an elder and this past week the little girl spent the entire week with grandma and the elder dad skipped the meetings and they all drove over to another town and went out to breakfast at IHOP while the jw were at the Hall

so jw today are getting tired of the old do more do more, you are going to die you are going to die routine

so the years are getting to many jw today

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

JT, how true that is.

NewLight2, thanks.

Six, I'm way over beliving in fairy tales. I can't control my dreams. But believe me I've talked to enough professionals about my JW days to get them fairly affluent.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I don't think I have ever thought for one minute that the JW people as a whole were bad or evil. I have picture albums of my best friends growing up, I have pictures of my friends who I went to Europe with, diving in Cozumel with, one girl I ran into recently and she is now an elder's wife and I hugged her said hello and she nodded and said hi back to me even though I'm DF'd because we have such a long history together. I had fun with them. The thing I have an issue with is the doctrines and the religion, not the people, although with the people there would be no religion. I guess it's kinda like the baby and the bathwater thing.

But I do know that for sure... but remember that there are many loving worldlings out here too. I'm now one of them and have some of the best friends in the world that I care dearly for.

• mama
    mama

I do have to agree with u that not all wits are bad people, I have left the religion as well as my hubby and both our families are still associating with us. I should note that perhaps things would be different, actually, I know they would, if we were disfellowshipped. My parents are really good grandparents now, took a while, but they don't say anything negative to our daughters about xmas etc. When the girls go to visit them they take turns skipping the meetings because we have made it clear the girls are not to attend any meetings. However, I do have to say that the most mean hurtful things said and done to me in my entire life have come from Jehovah's so-called people. I think the org. breeds mean-spirited people because they are so afraid of the payback they will receive if they don't act as expected to any who are considered spiritually weak, spiritually dead etc. Are they for the most part bad people? Hell no, are they for the most part unloving? Hell yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit