Help, I have another friend still in.

by ColdRedRain 4 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I have another friend that's still in the org and she's also drank the JW kool aid big time. The reason why was they came to her just after her baby died. She's going through a rough time as it is right now. I need some of you to go over to her site and give your personal experiences of JW Tyranny to her so she knows what she's getting into.

Make sure it's clean, you don't personally attack her and do it reasonably. And Don't link back to this site. Just remember, you're deconverting her, not insulting her.

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=2350767&Mytoken=20050308171640

• TheOneBuck
    TheOneBuck

I know I am new to posting and this will not make me popular right off the back, but why should we interfere with an adult making a decision that may be best for them. I think it is EXTREMELY important that you show her the some of the things that you know about the truth but ultimatley encourage her to be happy. Religion is what it is, it provides hope and security for a lot of people, if this is what will make her happy then do not take that from her. Havig said that after getting all the facts I am sure her decision to become a JW will be less. I think if you and other friends can show her the same amount of love/help as the JW's are right now she might realize she does not need an org to help her fill this void. Summary, be there for you friend she does not need any more turmoil in her liife right now.

Good Luck

• rebel8
    rebel8
    but why should we interfere with an adult making a decision that may be best for them

Sharing alternative points of view is in no way, shape, or form interfering with an adullt making a decision.

If she decides it is The Truth, nothing anyone can do or say will stop her from joining.

• rebel8
    rebel8

CRR, Went to the site and it indicates she is not a dub. Specifically states she belongs to St. John's something or other, mentions church and Jesus.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

She hasn't updated her site yet. But believe me, she's a dub wannabe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit