Super Volcanoes and How They can Change the World

by hawkaw 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.
    Hope everyone finds this science interesting.

hawk

Extremely interesting Hawk ... I've marked my calender for the BBC show ...

... i've been a big science buff since i used to conduct Bug experiments in my backyard trying to create a monster. Most just died, but a few escaped from my 'lab' ... so if you see a thirty-foot potato-beetle on the news, give me a heads up.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Fascinating but scary stuff, Hawkaw!

AlanF

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

And on that note, our little Mt. St. Helens errupted yesterday at approximately 5:28 pm, with a 2.0 earthquake and ash plume that rose to 36,000 feet!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes, but wasn't earth created to be the perfect cradle for life, human life, specifically? Did jehovah make a mistake when he constructed the earth?

S

• Preston
    Preston

Damnitt, I live in Arizona.......double damnit, once Texas and Wisconsin are effected there goes half of JW.com

- Preston

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    Did jehovah make a mistake when he constructed the earth?

I hate it when you ask questions like these, Satanus. Ohhh, now my head hurts. I hope you are happy...

Jeannie

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    The eruption of a super volcano "sooner or later" will chill the planet and threaten human civilization, British scientists warned Tuesday.

now if they had read their bible they would know that god isnt gona let that happen.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

HEHEHE Preston! Don't worry.. I live on the edge of the ash bed. I wanted to be cremated anyway....

But Valis, Big Tex, Nina, Jesika, and all them up there gots lots to worry about. You still may have a few friends down near Texas' coast to hold you up. Now Wisconsin, we know they all will be totally wiped out, but we'll have a memorial for them.. snurk.

This should not surprising to anyone. Earth has been doing what Earth does for thousands of centuries. It is said that the whole Minoan culture on Crete was wiped out by the volcano that blew on Santorini near a hundred miles away, but a few still survived, and then were attacked by Earth's biggest predators: other men!

Hopefully, this Yellowstone beast won't blow for a little while.. at least until we're all outta here and playing harps in that big symphony in the sky.. but if it does.. it's been real, and it's been fun, and it's been REAL FUN.

Cheers!

CG

• Satanus
    Satanus

*hands jeanbean a glass of water and 2 super tylenols w codiene*

One supervolcanoe explosion in the morning can ruin your whole day.

*gives jeanbean a litre of natural vanilla ice cream*

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit