Whip them hard, make them cry WT 05/01/05

by hamsterbait 11 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

According to the "New Light " on sheep and goats, NOBODY is judged as unworthy of a resurrection if he dies before Christ sits down on his glorious throne. The judging is done in situ not in retrospect. Yet the WT 05/01/05 p. 22 says to JWs:

"We realize that should we die before Armageddon, a continued course of conduct displeasing to Jehovah could put us in the same position as those who have no prospect of a resurrection."

So a non witness in this time of the end can murder, rape, mug, child abuse, blaspheme, scream "NO" to the JW at his door, and if he dies 5 seconds before Christ sits down, he has not been judged a goat and will be resurrected (and have no choice but to believe)

Yet a JW who displeases Jehovah (actually just doesn't do exactly what the WTS says - ie: MORE more MONEY $$££$$££$$££$$££ - lie to themselves etc) says, will die forever.

Why? They say that only those alive are judged as goats!! Except dead JWs, of course. I smell Matthew 23:15 - "Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you traverse sea and dry land to make one proselyte and when he becomes one you make him a subject for Gehennah twice as much as yourselves."

What will happen to all those who died in the 1950s with no prospect of a resurrection in the new light of that day?

Do you think I'm right - what have I missed?

Member of the Hamster class.

• Honesty
    Honesty

John 14:30

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Hamster boy/girl...

I asked my JW Elder Dad this question at one time and the answer was that if the JW died doing wrong as understood at the time, that his/her heart had been judged by the obedience to the law as it stood at the time. In otherwords, if it was wrong to do then, you did it and died, you're toast.

If you take the same course of action at a later time when that action is not toastworthy, you're okay.

HUH?

I didn't get it either...

Jeannie

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Beannie,

In other words, nowadays that boils down to just doing what the WTS says at the time even if it isn't true.

Bit like vaccinations, transplants, not agreeing with the superior authorities (God, Gov,) or Sodom and gomorrah, ain't it.

Is the fate of the men of Sodom dependent on which flip of the flop the FDS teach at the big A??

HB

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    when that action is not toastworthy

I doubt it will ever reach the popularity of "happifying", but "toastworthy" is a beautiful word! I can't tell you how happy I am to have been present for its coinage!

"Mr. Dave, where did the word "toastworthy" come from?"

"Well, Jimmy, many years ago, a man named Simon started a discussion board.."

"You mean 'King Simon'?"

"The very one. Well, one day, jeannie...."

And so the story will be told and retold...

Dave

• Satanus
    Satanus

AA

I'll drink a toast to that

S

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    In other words, nowadays that boils down to just doing what the WTS says at the time even if it isn't true

Yuppers.

Jeannie

lol@dave...

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

"War is peace, Freedom Is Slavery"

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Hamsterbait -

Good points -

Me? I don't believe in new light. I am still waiting for Abraham to walk around the conventions like my ole' buddy JF Rutherford promised - don't know exactly where since they tore down Beth Sarim - my money is on Cedar Point.....great proohecies are always being fullfilled there.

My beard is getting crusty waiting on him though.

Jeff

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The more they define the limits, the more they dig a hole for themselves!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit