Any YES Fans ?

by christopherrobin 26 Replies latest social entertainment

• Preston
    Preston

Say No to Yes

- Preston

• sf
    sf

One of the most classic bands of all time. Listened to alot of YES right before the ax fell. It was great comfort music. It lead to my love for RUSH and other like-bands.

Yet my absolute fav band is The Band.

sKally

• prophecor
    prophecor

I Get Up, I Get Down

In her white lace, you could clearly see the lady sadly looking.
    Saying that she'd take the blame
    For the crucifixion of her own domain.

I get up, I get down,
    I get up, I get down.

Two million people barely satisfy.
    Two hundred women watch one woman cry, too late.
    The eyes of honesty can achieve.
    How many millions do we deceive each day?

I get up, I get down.
    I get up, I get down.

In charge of who is there in charge of me.
    Do I look on blindly and say I see the way?
    The truth is written all along the page.
    How old will I be before I come of age for you?

I get up, I get down.
    I get up, I get down.
    I get up, I get down.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I really enjoyed their "Owner of a Lonely Heart" song. That's about all I know from Yes.

DY

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yes?

No!

(their sound just bored me out of my mind)

• sf
    sf

Heart Of The Sunrise is my fav YES tune:

Yes - Heart of The Sunrise Lyrics

(jon anderson/chris squire/bill bruford) Love comes to you and you follow Lose one on to the heart of the sunrise Sharp-distance How can the wind with it?s arms All around me Lost on a wave and then after Dream on on to the heart of the sunrise Sharp-distance How can the wind with so many around me Lost in the city Lost in their eyes as you hurry by Counting the broken ties they decide Love comes to you and then after Dream on on to the heart of the sunrise Lost on a wave that you?re dreaming Dram on on to the heart of the sunrise Sharp-distance How can the wind with it?s arms all around Me Sharp-distance How can the wind with so many around me I feel lost in the city Lost in their eyes as you hurry by Counting the broken ties they decided Straightt light moving and removing Sharpness of the colour sun shine Straight light searching all the meanings Of the song Long last treatment of the telling that Relates to all the words sung Dreamer easy in the chair that really fits You Love comes to you and then after Dream on on to the heart of the sunrise Sharp-distance How can the sun with it?s arms all around Me Sharp-distance How can the wind with so many around me I feel lost in the city

Other songs in Fragile album :

»Yes - Heart of The Sunrise Lyrics
    »Yes - Long Distance Runaround Lyrics
    »Yes - Roundabaout Lyrics
    »Yes - South Side of The Sky Lyrics
    »Yes - The Fish Lyrics
    »Yes - We Have Heaven Lyrics

• prophecor
    prophecor

Was introduced to the Yes Songs thru an unfamilliar source. A fellow musician. He was black man, as was I. ( I think I still am, though I've been accused of confusing the enemy) In my early days of playing bass, The Brothers Johnson, Bootsy's Rubber Band, Earth Wind & Fire and the like, a fellow guitarist tried to get me to try something different. When listening, I clowned on the music at first, he was a little miffed that I didn't take it seriously, so he challenged me to learn some of the tunes, the first thing I learned was the opening to Close to the Edge, when I learned it, the musical structure of the way the song moved on the fret board fascinated me to the point that I really began to look at music from a different perspective. I took to that, then learning Roundabout, Long Distance Runaround, and had suddenly made new strides in my musicianship. I was now able to look at music, not of my ethnic persuasion with an open mind for the first time. Hearing that musicians such as Squire and Wakeman no doubt had classical music training was able to give a greater appreciation for their styles. Though no fan of classical per se, I do recognize its importance in learning for any accomplished musician, as well as that of Jazz.

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

WOW----good response---Close to the Edge---pinnacle of modern rock music----Tales and Relayer were astounding and very brave undertakings, not to mention Roger Dean's album cover and stage designs (especially 1976)

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

My cousin is a Yes nut. We went to see them live in Newcastle a few years back. I did like their music especially Close To The Edge, Union, 90125 and Anderson, Wakeman, Bruford, Howe. I always found the album covers more intriguing though by the artist Roger Dean.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc
    Any progressive nuts out there?

next you'll want to know if we were into Genesis/Crimson/Eno/Roxy Music

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit