I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!

by ExmormonRobertson 30 Replies latest jw friends

• ExmormonRobertson
    ExmormonRobertson

A question that comes up a lot on the exmormon bb is: "What movie reminds you the most about the Church?" I would put that question here, what movies remind you the most of the Watchtower Society? I think I know most of the answer, just interested.

Dana
    Visit my web sites at: http://exmormon.8m.com or http://antimormon.8m.com

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

hmmm Most say the Matrix! and i agree for me personaly though I'd say 'The Truman Show'!!!

Ven

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong, is to let him have his own way."---Josh Billings

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

My tongue-in-cheek answer would have been "The Jim Jones Story" (Don't remember if that's the actual name. It starred Powers Booth as the legendary cult leader.)

After considering the blood issue and protection of pedophiles, my tongue isn't in my cheek any longer.

Hmmm

• rem
    rem

Welcome ExmormonRobertson!

I drew some parallels to the movie "The Matrix" as I was making my exit from the Borg (I suppose that's analogous to Morg? LOL). I can't remember the color of the pills, but I think it was the red one that I took. The one that let me see through the illusion.

BTW, Did you know that we JW's always thought that you guys were the one religion weirder than us? JW's are always being compared to Mormons, and that has even kept my father in the JW's since the only other religion he's ever looked into is LDS and he figured they didn't have the truth, so the JW's must. :-/

rem

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so."
    ..........Bertrand Russell

• Anchor
    Anchor

Animal Farm.

Anchor

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think I was really tired when we saw the Matrix. I kept falling asleep. Maybe that's the connection. It will bore you to death, just like the meetings.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I have to put in a vote for Pleasantville.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

The Stepford Wives

Billygoat

• Eusebius Hieronymus
    Eusebius Hieronymus

Please share your favorite brand of bike.

Jerry

Who has this urge to go hugs these kids but now can't get too close to polyester.

• gsark
    gsark

Guyana Tragedy, the Jim Jones Story

Originally shown as a two-part TV movie, this is a gripping recreation of the horrible tragedy of teh November 1978 mass suicide of 913 people at the South American religious 'colony' of Jonestown. The climactic suicide scenes are convincingly recreated in a near-documentary style, and teh whole production benefits from a huge supporting cast of excellent players. 1980, 189 minutes.

Starring Powers Boothe, Ned Beatty, James Earl Jones, Irene Cara, Veronica Cartwright, Rosalind Cash, Brad Dourif, Meg Foster, Diane Ladd, Randy Quaid, Levar Burton, Colleen Dewhurst.

This is from the cover of the two-tape set I own.

Something kinda cool..in 1987 Powers Boothe went on to star in a movie called 'Into the Homeland' ...the story of an anguished father's search for his kidnapped daughter. Ex-cop jackson Swallow follows his daughter's trail to a sleepy Wyoming town, which he soon realizes is home to a violent right-wing group...The desperate struggle of wills turns terrifyingly violent in the explosive climax.(From the video cover of the tape I have) Rumor has it this is loosely based a true story as well.

Life is a roller coaster. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit