Led Zeppelin

by stillajwexelder 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Beans
    Beans

I have "The Song" on DVD and the funny thing was I was watching Fashion TV one day and the topic was low rise jeans. The show claimed they were invented in the late 70's in South America, well check out what RP is wearing in "The Song" low rise jeans.

Anyways I like them all!

• avishai
    avishai

Zep I is absolutely amazing straight ahead electric blues. It's a smck in the face, and a kick in the nads. I love it!

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

How could you disobey the Society and listen to the demon-inspired stuff...with back-taping and everything!

Albums 1 to 4 are classics. Every song on them is a beaut. and their last album Coda is superb too. All the middle albums only had about 3 or 4 decent tracks on them each.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i like them all< but most over look ed is the Presence album> it's really good

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Aaahhh its hard to describe the powerful draw of the first Led Zepplin song I ever heard. The screams of Immigrant song awoke a primalness, that I hadn't yet known (I was only 13). The vocals along with the guitars seized me. From there I had to hear the rest of their stuff. IV is my favourite from them.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

ohhh, my, all of Led is the best for sex!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Misty Mountain Hop (Jones/Page/Plant)

Walkin' in the park just the other day, Baby,
    What do you, what do you think I saw?
    Crowds of people sittin' on the grass with flowers in their hair said,
    "Hey, Boy, do you wanna score?"
    And you know how it is;
    I really don't know what time it was, woh, oh,
    So I asked them if I could stay awhile.

I didn't notice but it had got very dark and I was really,
    Really out of my mind.
    Just then a policeman stepped up to me and asked us said,
    "Please, hey, would we care to all get in line,
    Get in line."
    Well you know, They asked us to stay for tea and have some fun,
    Oh, oh, he said that his friends would all drop by, ooh.

Why don't you take a good look at yourself and describe what you see,
    And Baby, Baby, Baby, do you like it?
    There you sit, sitting spare like a book on a shelf rustin'
    Ah, not trying to fight it.
    You really don't care if they're coming, oh, oh,
    I know that it's all a state of mind, ooh.

If you go down in the streets today, Baby, you better,
    You better open your eyes.
    Folk down there really don't care, really don't care, don't care, really don't
    Which, which way the pressure lies,
    So I've decided what I'm gonna do now.
    So I'm packing my bags for the Misty Mountains
    Where the spirits go now,
    Over the hills where the spirits fly, ooh.
    I really don't know.

One of my Eternal Favorites and Everything From Same Said Album

• IronGland
    IronGland
    Zep I is absolutely amazing straight ahead electric blues. It's a smck in the face, and a kick in the nads. I love it!

Dont even get me started. I have to agree with the above quote in a way. Zep I really has all the elements of their style that they would pursue in greater depth on later albums, however I think Zep 2 is the best example of what they were about at that point. Anyone familiar with this band has to realise that there were actually two Led Zeppelins. There was the 1st incarnation from '68-'72 which was zeppelin I-IV. This was the blues inspired band before the heroin and mega fame and stadium shows and Jimmy Page still the best rock guitarist in the world.* Then there was the 73-80 period when they were playing football stadiums and the music got a little more experimental and the live shows were hit or miss. I love them both, but no one can touch Zeppelin from 68-72. Best band ever. For those fans who dont have it, get 'How the west was won.' It's a 3 disc set that Jimmy Page remastered of a few shows at the L.A Forum in 1972. It's Zeppelin at their best and it completely blows away the only other 'official' live recording 'The Song Remains the Same' which was a mediocre show.

*For those who may argue this point, yes I know he was sloppy and I know who he ripped his riffs off from, but I still agree with my assertion.

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

Presence--showed a mature band--(even though Plant was losing his range and Jimmy's drug use was catching up)---his playing got sloppy REALLY QUICKLY !!!

My 1st fave band.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

but no one can touch Zeppelin from 68-72. Best band ever.

its been a long time since that rock and roll , beena long time, beena long time, been a long , lonely lonely time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit