The idea of perfection and living forever

by JustTickledPink 16 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The idea of perfection and living forever

Appeals to many people - fertile recruiting ground

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I used to think about the animals too, how sad it would be to live forever and observe the "cycle of life" of birth and death still occurring among the animals, to Time Indefinite, Even Forever? (one of those wooden NWT phrases that used to bug the crap out of me).

And how about the lion lying down with the lamb? Give me a break! Only if its stomach is swollen with meat from a previous kill! Lions are killing machines, as are innumerable other species. Takes some serious mental "pop-up blocker" to believe that lions were never meant to be this way and that on the paradise erf they will eat straw.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink
    1/2 an acre. That's your little piece of paradise. Enjoy.

Umm, excuse me, but I remember distinctly being told everyone would get 1 acre each. You are ripping me off!!!!

As it is today, our house sits on 1/4 of an acre, so I'm holding out for more!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

It's the perfect way to get vulnerable people to listen to them and join. People are always dying, so there's always a chance that someone will listen and accept their answers to life's questions.

• dostprefer
    dostprefer

Re: The idea of perfection and living forever

And a very neat idea it is. Already over 6 million believe it and with the increase we are seeing in witnessing activity, there may be millions more. Wait and see!

• Poztate
    Poztate

Re: The idea of perfection and living forever

And a very neat idea it is. Already over 6 million believe it and with the increase we are seeing in witnessing activity, there may be millions more. Wait and see!

The idea perhaps is compelling. The reality is the witnesses are basing their faith on false premises. They will without fail....FAIL Will there be millions more sucked into the lie that is "the truth"? ??? That is for people to decide for themselves. A lot of their market share will continue to come from countries that do not have the wealth of accurate information that we have. I am sure there are still people who are looking for that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Just because YOU believe it doesn't make it true.
    As it is today, our house sits on 1/4 of an acre, so I'm holding out for more!
    JTP....You are worth much more than that.You might be able to get a thousand or more acres at the north pole
  • the_classicist
    the_classicist

This is from the Baltimore Catechism:

420. Q. What is Heaven?

A. Heaven is the state of everlasting life in which we see God face to face,
    are made like unto Him in glory, and enjoy eternal happiness.

The most delightful place we could possibly imagine as Heaven would not
    be near what it really is. Everything that is good is there and forever, and
    we shall never tire of its joys. All the pleasures and beauties of earth are
    as nothing compared with Heaven; and though we think we can imagine its beauty
    and happiness now, we shall see how far we have been from the real truth if
    ever we reach this heavenly home.

"God face to face,"--that is, as He is. We shall not see Him with the
    eyes of the body, but of the soul. That we may see with our natural eyes, two
    things are necessary: first, an object to look at, and secondly, light to see
    it. Now, to see God in Heaven we need a special light, which is called the
    "light of glory." God Himself gives us this light and thus enables us to see
    Him as He is. This beautiful vision of God in Heaven is called the "beatific
    vision," and thus our whole life in Heaven--our joy and happiness--consists in
    the enjoyment of the beatific vision.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit