Who do we pray to?

by Theo Cratz 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Theo Cratz
    Theo Cratz

Jehovah's Witnesses obviously make a big thing over God's name and say that we should call him Jehovah.

But when Jesus taught his disciples how to pray in Matthew 6:9 why didn't he start the prayer "Jehovah"? Instead he starts it "Our FATHER". Surely if Jesus had wanted us to use God's name he would have taught us to use it in prayer?

What do you think?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Hi Theo Cratz,
    I enjoyed your web site. It is very tasteful. I agree with you, you pray to the Father. Jesus called him FATHER, not Jehovah. I told my mother, (former Jehovah's Witness) I would never dream of calling her Connie, just like Jesus would never call his Father, Jehovah. When Jesus died for our sins, we became God's children. Therefore, he is our Father too.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hmmmm... now let's think about this: call God 'our Father'.

Hmmmm... wouldn't DOING that, though, denote the 'caller' a 'son'? I mean, would call someone your 'father' if you were not his child?

Hmmmm... uh, aren't the 'sons'... 'anointed'?

Hmmmm... but doesn't the "SOCIETY SAY" that only the 144,000 are 'anointed'?

Hmmmm... and doesnt the "SOCIETY SAY" that only the 'anointed 144,000' are 'sons'?

Can you CALL God 'Father'... if you are not His 'son'?

Dear ones, you have been misled. Both the 144,000 AND the great crowd are 'anointed'. They are ALL 'chosen'... that's how they get INTO either group. They are 'chosen'... from among ISRAEL (144,000 guaranteed slots)... AND THE NATIONS.

Yes, if you are a 'son' of God, you SHOULD call Him 'Father'. And yes, you must be 'anointed' to be a 'son'. But... NO... you do NOT have to be of the 144,000 to be anointed OR be a son.

The kingdom of kings and priests, dear ones... are taken from EVERY nation, tribe, tongue and people. Revelation 5:9, 10

You have been misled. You don't have to continue to be, for the invitation goes to ALL who 'hear' and ALL who are thirsting and ALL who 'wish' to...

"COME! Take 'life's water' FREE!"

Just as the mixed company that went 'with' Israel celebrated the Passover, got circumcised, ate the manna, drank from the rock-mass... AND ENTERED INTO THE COVENANT AT MT. SINAI... so, too, ALL those who are Israel, as well as those who GO WITH Israel... are invited.

MANY... are invited. But FEW... are 'chosen' because only a FEW... a 'remnant'... RSVP and ANSWER the 'call'.

Oh... and you should PRAY to the Most Holy One of Israe, JAH OF ARMIES is His name (Psalm 68:4)... and should speak to Him THROUGH the One He appointed, His Son, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH.

For just as when wanting grain from Pharaoh one had to go to JOSEPH, so too, when wanting the 'bread of life'... and its 'water'... from JAH... one must go THROUGH... Christ. Again, HIS name is JAHESHUA (pronounced 'Yahshua' and means 'Jah Saves')... MISCHAJAH (pronounced 'mee-shah-yah' or 'messiah' and means 'chosen/anointed of Jah'... 'christ').

I bid you all peace!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Dino
    Dino

Good evening Theo Cratz and a hearty welcome. Will check out your website presently. One scripture, Acts 7:59. We have been carefully steered away from Jesus in this organization which really dishonors almighty God. Ciao for now, Dino

• Flip
    Flip
    "COME! Take 'life's water' FREE!"

Yes that's true, AG! Those controlling the WTBTS say they offer "Life's Water" free, however, it's a "25 cent donation" or a stop at the planned giving desk if you want a disposable "paper cup" required each time you swallow.

(WTBTS publications are symbolized by the "paper cup").

Just curious...hands up...those who recognized the symbolism before the clarification?

Flip

• Theo Cratz
    Theo Cratz

Well it seems that the collective are at a loss for answers here. I didn't realise my question was so difficult.

Come on guys and gals you can do better than this surely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit