re: holly

by A Paduan 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Slick Willie
    Slick Willie

My own take on Holly was that she might be a witness here to do some 'stealth witnessing.' Of course thats just speculation on my part and I wish her well if she is indeed in search of spiritual truth.

I think she was treated pretty well here while on this board, even considering her last post where she made the comment that some here were disfellowshipped and 'you know you deserve it.' I don't think an impartial person would make a comment like that, but would have a much more generous attitude since so many here responded to her posts and were trying to be helpful. She sounds much more like a seasoned witness than a study. The tone of her final post certainly changed from her prior posts.

Newlight took the words right out of my mouth -- for someone who was a born again for 17 years, she sure didn't seem to have any problem with the WTS denigration of Jesus, for example. My own experience with the witnesses was that they were nearly hostile to the idea of worshipping Jesus (or even speaking about him too much!) which is one of the reasons I left way back in 1979. A simple reading of the Gospels and other NT books reveals (to me, at least) that born again Christians have a relationship and understanding of the Christ that is a lot closer to the early Christians than that of the Witnesses. I am not a born again Christian (several of my family members were in the "Jesus movement' in the '70's) but I can't help but feel that any person who spent that many years as a born again would have a lot of doctrinal difficulty with WTS teachings, or at the very least many, many questions in this regard. Yet in none of her posts did she ask about people's opinions on Christ's divinity, hell, paradise earth, the FDS, etc. And since born again Christians typically focus on a 'personal relationship' with Christ I can't imagine someone easily adapting from that to the dry, corporate, unspiritual life of a JW. But I guess it takes all kinds!

Try going to a pro-Witness board and do what she did, and just wait for the reactions. I'm sure most if not all the responses would be loving and Christlike, NOT!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I don't know but she seemed way to edumucated about witness jargon! She seemed to spout that crap as a matter of course that to me seems to indicate that she had been in a long time! People who are studying with witnesses don't usually make slips into truth speak they have to WORK at it she never did! She never really read the responses to any of her questions either I'm not saying she was or wasnt' but red flags where pop-in for me as I read her next to last post... Wonder if she's back in yet in another form?

• Golf
    Golf

Great Post fairchild. I like that Toyota analogy. Keep slugging away.

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit