Watchtower floaters

by Ticker 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Ticker
    Ticker

Reading Hollys post made me think of this one. I was wondering who all has left the org. and then in time due to whatever circumstances(guilt,indoctrination,family,elder pressure,etc.) had gone back, and only to eventually leave again in time. I personally know of several people who float in and out of the organzation on a non stop basis. I tried to help one who came to me suffering from watchtower induced guilt but she too sadly returned and trust me I showed her alot of info. She is different as guilt is not a bother for her and she more or less puts on an act for family, but she still spouts out their mentallity and has severely reduced contact with me. I can understand why some do because of family but find it mind boggelling how after viewing the hypocrisy that one could go back and accept such a yoke upon their shoulders. Me personally I left for good and its been close to 5 years now and theirs no way I would or could ever stomach the watchtower organization ever again.

Whats your thoughts?

Ticker

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I wouldn't go back. Like you, I left for good, plus, I like thinking too much.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

got kicked out

wanted back in so learned all I could about the 'troof'

was mortified at the truth about the troof

never went back

Jeannie

(it'll be a cold day in hell before I ever even think about it)

• Odrade
    Odrade

I thought this was going to be like one of Elsewhere's poo threads...

*floaters*

haha. that word makes me giggle.

• Ticker
    Ticker

woohoo Odrade, I made you giggle lol Always enjoy making someone smile.

No just curious how many come and go and come and go again. One couple were in and out continously on about a bi yearly basis and I often wonder if they are still in that cycle or finally wisened up. Its sad to see the turmoil that some people go through, wanting freedom but not brave enough to sever all ties.

Yes Classicist, they hate thinkers and ones who think usually dont stay in the org., but thats a blessing in disguise for us. Im glad I was smart enough to see through the smoke and mirrors. Oh beautiful precious freedom, how easily it is taken for granted as in Hollys case.

Ticker

• Voyager
    Voyager

I have known of a few who left the organization for 6 months or a year, and went back. But when they got back, no matter how hard they tried to progress, they were always (judged) on their (past), and not what they were doing at that particular time.

They always felt like they were on probation or something of the like. They always felt not really accepted, except to turn in time. They were never invited over to other witnesses homes for dinner. They were made to feel un-welcome in certain car groups. They were rarely called upon to give answers at the meetings.

Finally after breaking their backs to make some progress, they were left with only weakness, that caused them to leave again. Very sad!

There is an old saying that many witnesses who left used to say, and that is quote: Jehovah will forgive, but Jehovah's Witnesses will not!

After 45 years in the organization, I saw this many--many times!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

My sense is that much of the returnee-factor is due to fear and physical/material greed. Fear of displeasing your conditionally loving god. Fear of death from his wrath.

Greed for the rewards of a perfect body, in the perfect house, on the perfect hill, in the perfect paradise -- well fertilized from the bodies of billions killed.

j

• Carmel
    Carmel

hey, I was thinkin of my ocular nutrition for my "floaters". Guess it's and age thing..

carm

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    hey, I was thinkin of my ocular nutrition for my "floaters". Guess it's and age thing..

I got those too and I'm not old. They are a pain, aren't they?

• kazar
    kazar

Voyager,

Your description of floaters is very appropriate of myself and my Watchtower wanderings for 30 years. I needed Moses to get me out of the mental wilderness. Fortunately, I stumbled on the INTERNET and instead of finding the nearest convention center I could attend to attempt (once again) to be reinstated, I wandered onto this site thinking this was produced by the Witnesses. Isnt't that funny? And free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit