News Article: "No Person Left Unpestered"

by rebel8 7 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

From the Syracuse New Times, 2/23/05:

"No Person Left Unpestered

Jehovah's Witnesses in Dearborn, Mich., have been learning Arabic as part of an effort to convert Muslims. 'In six months, we have learned to read Arabic and to actually go out and give presentations,' said Recina Ward, explaining that 30 to 40 members make monthly trips into Arab-American neighborhoods in the Detroit metro area."

Of course, they are counting their time while they're in classes.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Yes indeed they are counting time.

I know a few that recently moved to a foreign group because they get a 25 hour credit.

wanna

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I really wonder how Muslims are going to react to these people with a few "presentations" memorized in Arabic? I mean seriously, isn't this a bit much?

Why do Muslims have to convert to Christianity anyways? We don't all have to be the same, it's like saying everyone should wear green polyester. We are different, maybe the JWs need to take a class in cultural diversity and tolerance.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

What happens when someone deviates from the few bits of Arabic the JWs have learned? :D

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

No Person Left Unpestered

LOL!!!!!

That should be their Motto.

taylorS

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Ditto: My area, and the Vietnamese

• Carmel
    Carmel

Me thinks they will have little success. First, the language is so complex that a six month crash course will only get you into trouble.; My son studied Arabic for six years, moved to Morroco and Lebanon to practice his conversational Arabic, and still considers himself totally inadequate, and he's pretty brilliant. He would learn 50 words a day while most struggle with 15. Second, Muslims see their faith as the fulfillment of Christian and Jewish promises and to accept a "christian" twist would be going backwords for them. So my guess is the poor dubbies will soon give up on this escapade...

Carmel

• bebu
    bebu

I think they will have to depend on their literature for the most part. And point and smile a lot!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit