Two Different Views/Hypocrisy

by troubled 12 Replies latest jw friends

• tergiversator
    tergiversator

Hey troubled,

It sounds like you could've written my journal 2-3 years ago. I had a horrible case of double vision, as I termed it, and there just wasn't any way of getting rid of it. Was I falling out of the truth because I was allowing myself to dislike the meetings and writing style of the publications, or was I disliking the meetings and magazines because I recognized subconsciously the witnesses did not have the truth? And could I trust myself to judge which of the two cases was correct, knowing full well that I had been taught that human judgement was falliable and not to be trusted? I couldn't see any way to resolve it, and it was driving me crazy (somewhat literally).

I finally decided to step back and re-assess what I really, truly believed in. It wasn't a very long list, and went something like:
    1) People should be nice to each other.
    2) If I only believe something because someone else tells me I should (no matter who that person or organization is), then I don't really believe it.
    3) Likewise, if I choose to completely doubt my own judgement and abdicate decision-making on what I think and do to someone else (no matter who that may be), I have still made a choice. (Thanks, Rush.)
    4) People should be nice to each other.

At the time, I felt as if I had dug into the foundations of my rock-solid convictions and fallen out into a hole in the sky. Realizing that there were still a few things that I truly felt, deep down, helped a little.

Wish I had some better advice to share with you. It does get better... it just takes a while. Hang in there.

-T.

• TR
    TR

YK,

The bottom line though should be our faith in Jehovah and Jesus.

Indeed. The WTS and God are mutually exclusive.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• Quester
    Quester

Hi Anon,

I haven't seen your posts before this one.

Your wrote:
    "John 6:68 is generally mocked here, but mocking
    it doesn’t really answer the question does it?"

John 6:68 says in part:
    "Lord, to whom shall we go?"

JW's always apply that to the org. and
    ask where else is there to go?

But that scripture doesn't say WHERE,
    It says WHOM.

Individual Christians are found everywhere.
    They are the ones who follow Jesus Christ,
    not an organization.

Quester

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit