A ? for all the computer geeks out there

by devinsmom 11 Replies latest jw friends

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Ok, so my computer was being real slow and had a bunch of viruses and what not. So I had a friend who fixes computers clean it up for me. Now whenever I go to this website on my pc its all messed up, no avatars, no member info, no graphics, I cant post anything, etc...

So does anyone have any idea how I fix this? I tried installing java and that wasnt it, and now Im starting to get pissed cuz I have no life and need my JWD at home!!!!!!!!!!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Im at school now studying for mid-terms but will try to check this thread b4 the end of the day, thanks in advance-April, of the computer illiterate class.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I realize what I'm about to say isnt what you want to hear, but:

If your system had a bunch of viruses it has been compromised badly. You can get rid of the malicious code, but it is very difficult to fix all of the files shredded by the virii and to patch up all the security holes created by them.

Back up your stuff and reload windows. It will be much better than trying to chase all these problems down. Patch patch patch, and get some good virus protection. Its almost impossible to fix a machine if its that bad off

• Valis
    Valis

did he do anything to your security settings? If they are set too high your browser may not be downloading all the stuff from the forum pages.

• cab1000
    cab1000

Hello. I got a simple fix. Just download Mozilla Firefox. Its a newer free browser. Then use it instead of IE...

hope it helps...

~cab

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Valis: My security settings are at a medium level, but Im not having trouble with any other website that I tried, would it just affect interactive ones like this?

• heatherg
    heatherg

Hey it's me... I forgot to tell you about Mozilla Foxfire. Valis is right, just download it and use it to get on instead of Internet Explorer. We have Mozilla and I haven't had a problem since xmas. Explorer has been know to get viruses that you can't get rid of and it's too hard, long, and tedious to try to find all the patches for it, plus it may not fix the problem. Heather

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

Have you played the WT-CD on the PC? It has the Theocratic virus on it - it stops apostate sites from loading properly on your PC.

:-))

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

You need to have javascript enabled to use the site. Try moving the security slider to Low, then go to this site. If it works, at least you'll know the problem lies there.

Be sure to put the security level back when you're done.

Dave

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Thanks everyone, I will try those things when I get home.

Hopefully they will work so I can prevent further damage to my pc resulting from my head repeatedly banging into the monitor!

• Valis
    Valis

also, if you are on dialup it might be that your images are not being downloaded...try clearing your Internet cache and also pressing the F5 button to see if it will reload properly.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit