Elder's Daughter

by Daisymay 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

Welcome Daisy

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Daisy,

Welcome to the board! I'm glad you're finding therapy here. It's been the same for me! I too had a similar childhood experience to yours. I'm proud of your strength to have survived something so terrible and to have made your life so much better. It is something that is a special struggle to us ex-JW's, isn't it?

Anyways, glad you're here! Keep coming back!

Billygoat

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Welcome to the board Daisy May, Individuals Wife, and anyone else I have missed.
    Daisy, you have shown great strength.
    I am amazed, no matter how often I read it or hear it of the atrocities comitted within the org.
    I had my own set of problems, fortunately no abuse within the family.
    But being an elders daughter is no easy task. Especially with three younger brothers. So many of the men in the org. are intimidated by intelligent women. And it still affects me to this day when a man disregards what I say just because I am a woman.
    Just spent the week at the beach and my brother who never got baptized tried to do it again. A real irritation. Now at least, I stick up for myself. Love him anyway. I realize it is a left over and cut him some slack. But it is still difficult at times.
    TW

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Welcome Daisy,

I felt the exact same way as you when I finally came over and checked out the board here. I love it here and the one thing that I love is that I'm not alone anymore. Finally people that understand me and care truly.

You're not alone.

Plus us 'postates are a pretty cool bunch!

Slipnslidemaster: "The gods too are fond of a joke."
    - Aristotle

• wondering alot
    wondering alot

Welcome, welcome Daisy:

I cringe every time I think of the KH song "Children-Precious gifts from God"

They are gifts from God; He says 'Use the rod.'

sick, sick, sick people. I'm embarassed that I at one time actually sang those words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit