Question about Glen Howe of Canada branch

by wannaexit 16 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Someone told me that Glen Howe was almost disfellowshipped decades ago? Can anyone verify? Any details?

Wanna (inquiring minds want to know)

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Never heard of this... I think he's too much good PR for the JWs. He came to give a speech in my KH one day (he was actually interesting, not scripted) when he was getting an award for all the lawyering he did. He's also been on a few documentaries about the JWs on the History Channel (the Cdn. one).

• AlanF
    AlanF

I heard that, too. Something about a tiff with Knorr or some other top WTS honcho.

AlanF

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Class,

He came to give a talk about the Singapore case a few years ago. He seemed like a nice old man. Could not belieive he was married to such a young wife.

Alan

Thanks for the confirmation

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

how old was the wife?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

She's in her early 50's. Glen is maybe, what? 85? 90?

• Beans
    Beans

Apparently he is on his third marriage and dosen't really attend meetings or go in service!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Dragon lady,

when I met her she appeared to be around 35. I believe he was in his early 80's. That was approx 10 years ago.

Almost,

The wife I met was def younger than 50

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Apparently he is on his third marriage and dosen't really attend meetings or go in service!

This is interesting. wanna

• jaredg
    jaredg

glen came down to durham nc for a laywers meeting at duke university and he stayed with my family. he seemed like a cool dude. he was 73 and his wife was 37!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit