Do you let JW's make you feel insignificant?

by Dragonlady76 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I do not allow them to talk down to me. EVER. When I encounter any old "friends" I am always friendlly and cordial and they just do not expect to see an XJW doing so well. I am expected to be a down and out drug addict ....a loser for "turning my back on Jehovah".

The thing is Franklin, even if they see you are successful they suggest that 'the devil looks after his own' its been said to me on countless occasions of other people.

• Honesty
    Honesty

No, I feel pity for them. especially two of the MS I have encountered since I told the congregation elders that the Governing Body never had Jesus' approval and their master is Satan. The poor MS get that 'shun look'. You know the one where they stiffen their whole body and stick their necks forward about 30 degrees and twist their lips into a scowl and those coal black eyes they all have when shunning others take on a far and distant appearance. Every time I see them I pray that they will be able to break free from the slavery they are under to those demented members of the Governing Body.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Many JW's tend to look down upon non JW's, this has always been pretty obvious to me. Even if they won't say it openly, you can tell that they stand above the ordinary people who are not going to be able to live forever in God's paradise on earth. They are friends with God himself, how more important can one be?

About feeling insignificant.. being a woman is already reason enough for them to make you feel insignificant. Oh no, never in a straightforward way. Nobody will say "Hey, you're a woman and you are the man's helper, not his boss". No, it is usually done in a subtle way, but the results are the same, it can be rather uncomfortable.

Do I let the JW's make me feel insignificant? Well, there was a time when I really believed that I was worth so much less than the male race, and that I should be submissive to them. Hahahahahahaha, I am free now. Should an elder come and visit, he will have to make his own cup of tea, just like everyone else.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I was raised to think that Jehovah would take care of his own, and those that were "spiritually weak" were not looked after as well. Example: (1) Brother Bob is considered "spiritually weak" and gets laid off from work, It would be reasoned that this happened beacuse he was "spiritually weak". Now brother Bill is an active & exemplary JW, brother Bill is then "blessed" when he gets a better paying job. See how that works? I heard this constantly growing up in our cong and others.

Dragonlady76:<------No longer associated with JW's has large beautiful home in upscale neighborhood, many nice material things, brokerage accounts, cars etc...

All my old JW acquaintances:<------ Got married and had kids at a young age, are now in unhappy marriages and are broke as hell.

This leads me to wonder "Who is Jehovah looking after?"

Dragonlady76

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

No. That I wouldn't allow, but I don't think any I know who try this with me.

• Jaypeeto
    Jaypeeto

I don't let 'em bother me. A month ago, a young lady I knew back in '81 and '82 when I was an active dub, came up to me at a coffeeshop and recognized me and started chatting, even though I had a pack of Marlboro 100's sticking out of my shirt pocket. Either she forgot that I was df'd or she simply didn't care (her husband is currently an "elder"), but we had a nice little chat. I feel bad for her, cuz she's really a pretty nice person, and I hate to think she's mentally stuck in that organization. Best, Jaypeeto

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit