Fun today Jw's at my door.

by pc 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• pc
    pc

Two lovely "sisters" came to visit this morning. It was pretty hysterical because my nine year old ran up to my bedroom yelling "mom the Jewish people are at the door". I'm like "what jewish people"? He then say's " you know like grandpa". I say "oh you mean Jehovah's Witnesses".

So I go to the door, and mind you my husband has left to pick up my other son from Lacrosse pratice and said please be ready to leave when we get back. So I think "should I engage them or not". Of course being me I say " of course". I open the door and they say thier usual.

I first try to stay kind of netural, but of course that won't do for me. I then tell them I know that they are JW's. I tell them both my dad and brother are. They try to pin me on when I left but I don't bite. I tell them I believe in God, but feel all religion is a farce. I explain to them how I really closed the door on witnesses, when my mom was dying from a blood disease and I researched the policy on my own. I explained the ridiculous way they interpet the policy. I said I don't care if you take blood or not it is certainly up to your own consience. The one sister thens asks me specifically what changes I think the society made. I then hit her with the whole organ transplant stance.(Thank you , thank you Blondie and quotes). I say to her " does it make any sence to you that an organ obviously containly blood is a consience decision and yet blood is not. So you can have lettece or tomatoe or italian dressing, but you can't have a salad. Seems pretty ridiculous if you ask me". I then say listen I know how this whole thing goes, but you came here I didn't come to you. She acknowledges that she asked me, not sure what that means. Anyway she asked if she could come back if she had some answers, I said fine....to be continued

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Interesting. Wanna take a bet if they return ? hmmm , I had a half hour discussion about 3 months ago with two JWs at my door... they too said they would return. Haven't seen hide nor hair of them since.

I think they know they can't out think you..... don't hold your breath on their return.

btw, good job on putting them to task with answers.

D.E.

• pc
    pc

Thanks Double, I have to say it really felt great to stand in front of them and speak my mind. My husband was cracking up all day at my "I'm bad , I'm bad" attitude.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Good for you to talk these gals at the door. I wouldn't hold my breath on them returning, however. But maybe you gave them something to think about.

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf
    Anyway she asked if she could come back if she had some answers, I said fine....to be continued

OOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhh...can't wait to see how this one ends. You'll probably never see them again. Good for you pc.

Cathy L.

• TonyT
    TonyT

I think you have been put in the "not really interested" catagory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit