South Texas Introduction

by artsteel 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• artsteel
    artsteel

Wow, amazing to read all these experiences.

Luckily, I walked away from them 20 some odd years ago because I wasn't making it financially and decided to pursue higher education.  Best decision I ever made.  I was able to finish my degrees and I still shake my head at how these people really believe, really mind boggling.

Most family members and friends I knew stopped talking to me, and up to this day I'm glad they did.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Welcome artsteel and congratulations on your degrees.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Welcome to the forum.  It's always great to hear of another one that got away!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome!!

Some of us haven't cut the cord yet, for family reasons, but the fading is working well!

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger
    Welcome to the body politic!! 
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    Wow! I wish I had gotten out 20 years ago! It's inconceivable to think of all the time, money, effort, etc. I wasted during just the last two decades. It kills me just thinking about the fact that in those 20yrs I gave up every Saturday morning.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

Howdy!

I was born and raised in South Texas myself. Old Texas Circuit number one. Not down there anymore.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This week has to be setting a record for new members joining the group!

Welcome Art!  Glad you're here!

Doc

• Simon
    Simon

Congratulations on your escape - glad you missed out on that JW life instead of the other way around.

I think everyone who leaves is envious of those who left earlier.

No one ever seems to say "I wish I'd stayed a witness".

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Where in South Texas if I may know? I'm in the RGV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit