Does "Loyalty" work both ways in the Org?

by JH 20 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Why do people accept being treated that way?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

members are just statistics.

• freedom96
    freedom96

The witnesses claim to be the most loving of all people, but as we know, they are far from it.

I personally have seen much more love given to others at "worldy" churches.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The witnesses claim to be the most loving of all people, but as we know, they are far from it.

I personally have seen much more love given to others at "worldy" churches.

Lack of love based on Christ's love is how the WTBTS and its affiliate religious organisations identify themselves as disciples of Satan instead of disciples of Jesus.

• dostprefer
    dostprefer

loyalty must surely be a quality of both heart and mind. Jehovah knows us intimately in both respects

do you believe that? Even if you believe nothing else?

As Jeremiah pointed out, the heart is desperate and treacherous - who can know it?

And Pascal reminded us that "'the heart has it's reasons - we see it in a thousand ways"

all of this demonstrated in the thousands of postings on this forum

• catchthis
    catchthis
    That being said, this is a common phenomenon in heirarchical structures - corporations, big business, bureaucracies.

I would slightly disagree with this. As with most corporations, they provide or cover the majority of your healthcare expenses. Most also provide a 50-100% match on 401k contributions up to a certain percentage that you put aside. There are many other benefits that businesses provide for their employees...that helps keep them HAPPY. Now unlike the WTS, they pay their volunteers nothing, provide absolutely no benefits, and demand full cooperation with no union representation.

The number one item that businesses keep in mind is: Employee Satisfaction. Without this, they know that employees will steal, cheat on their timesheets, waste time surfing the web, etc. etc. True, there are a few bad apples that will take advantage of these no-no's anyways, but if the overall organization is kept happy, the employees are more productive and hence will want to stay with the company.

So for any witness that wants to stay with the WTS, ask yourself why? What are the benefits they receive? There is only one: The Golden Carrot. The Paradise. Too bad every witness living today will never live to see it.

• berylblue
    berylblue

I am attempting to discard my belief in that sociopath, Jehovah. Sorry, but he has lower moral values than most criminals I've ever met.

I no longer want to give a rat's ass what that hopelessly psychotic murderer thinks about me.

• Poztate
    Poztate

loyalty must surely be a quality of both heart and mind. Jehovah knows us intimately in both respects

As Jeremiah pointed out, the heart is desperate and treacherous - who can know it?

The heart is a marvelously designed muscular pump, but, more significantly, our emotional and motivating capacities are built within it. Love, hate, desire (good and bad), preference for one thing over another, ambition, fear?in effect, all that serves to motivate us in relationship to our affections and desires springs from the heart. WT 1971/March 1

dostprefer...Aren't you aware of the new light on the subject...missing a few meetings are we..

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

For all decent people yes - loyalty should work both ways - but it does not with the WTBTS

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

JW elder: You know, I could give you money to help you out, but I'm going to give you this Watchtower magazine instead that leads you to life everlasting on a paradise earth. Of course you might get a mysterious envelope of money for being loyal to Jehovah. Not from me or anyone I know though...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit