Were YOU Guilty Of A "Secret Sin"?

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Whenever there's a lottery pool or sporting event betting at the office, I make sure to participate.

I celebrate all the holidays that the people at work celebrate. We have quite the excellent time eating and socializing. When it's Valentine's Day, I make sure to wear my red, my orange/black in Holloween, my green in St. Patrick's Day, etc. I love it, I love it!!!

I watch rated-R movies. I give out birthday cards to my non-JW relatives and other friends.

I have many times privately cursed out the Almighty horribly because of all the suffering in the world that he's doing absolutely nothing about.

DY

• blondie
    blondie

Secret from whom?

According to the Bible, God sees all things.

I remember a sister who used to run to the elders to confess everything she did or thought that was wrong. She knew who had the power to end her "life" at the KH.

It is hard to imagine that a time will every come even in "the new system" when the rank and file won't be closely supervised by the elders based on current procedures.

An older sister once said that those who rose up in rebellion at the end of the 1,000 year reign had to be elders and others in authority that refused to give up their power once everyone was "perfect" and did not even need the ransom sacrifice any longer. Jesus would sooner give up his authority than the elders, she said.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

People that confess everything to the elders all the time are needy. They're scared of their own shadow.

• undercover
    undercover
    People that confess everything to the elders all the time are needy. They're scared of their own shadow.

And that's just the kind of people that the WTS is looking for. People who need someone to "tell" them what to do, how to do it, when to do it, etc. People who are a little too independant or not as needy are harder to control and manipulate.

Not that all people who became JWs are needy or scared. Something in their life might have had them looking for something better and along come the JWs when they are down or temporarily out of control in their life.

I think that's the downside to gaining converts by having children. You can't always predict if the child will be as obedient as the parent. If the child is a free thinker or independant thinking, they will cause nothing but problems and could influence others to look behind the curtain and see the fake wizard. I sometimes wonder if maybe that was the intent on the talk and WT article about not having kids this late in the system back in the 80s. Focus on converting the weak and let's not raise troublemakers. Makes for a great consipiracy theory anyway.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

The whole subject of elders trying to ferret out "secret sins" in the congregation just serves as more proof that they are just a bunch of dirty old men trying to get their shriveled rocks off on the sexcapades of others. We should do the world a favor and buy them all anonymous subscriptions to Hustler.

• minimus
    minimus

I talked to a very prominent Bethelite and he admitted the Society does not understand why some kids "take to the truth" and others don't.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yes, I regretted confessing my sins to the elders years ago.

• inkling
    inkling

yes.

several times a day during my youth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit