Ruling offers new basis for suits against churches

by Dogpatch 10 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I think there was a recent court ruling in this country against a couple of preachers who put down another religion during a service - no doubt jws have printed 'food' of the same nature, and although I've never been to a meeting, I'm sure there's plenty of it from their pulpit.

"Recently, in the first successful case of its kind here in Australia, Catch the Fire Ministries, an evangelical Christian group, got burned when two ministers were found to have religiously vilified the Muslim community.

In mid-December, the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal found that two pastors had made a range of false statements about the Muslim religion and Muslim people. And just last week the parties in the dispute were back before the tribunal to set a date to argue over what remedies should be imposed.

Waleed Aly is a commercial solicitor with Maddocks lawyers in Melbourne. He?s also a member of the executive committee of the Islamic Council of Victoria, the organisation that brought the complaint, involving three separate events.

Waleed Aly: "One was a seminar that was held at a church in Surrey Hills in Melbourne, and then there were two other things that were written pieces in newsletters and internet and so on."

I wonder if the wtbts will be made to kerb their "great harlot" prophecies ideas a bit.

paduan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit