WTS Leaders strong arm tactics

by doinmypart 14 Replies latest jw friends

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

WTS leaders don't want to give up their authority. They fear that doing so will give members too much time to think and pursue personal goals at the expense of Organizational goals.

But in small ways they are being forced to loosen their grip. Out of one corner of their mouths they say, "Voting/blood fractions/certain holidays are a conscience matter" while at the same time tyring to maintain control via strong arm tactics - -

the CO giving a talk, asking"Would a TRUE Christian vote"...WT articles & Assembly parts about having too many hobbies...
    directives to Elders to DA people for ____________ (insert WT law here)...
    KM articles on the PROPER treatment of DF relatives

These guys just don't get it. The control they exert on people's lives and the demand for conformity is played out. This Organization has lost it's vibrancy. Sure there are a few people in the congregations that enjoy it & have a zeal. But overall there is no life in the Org, there is nothing new, things are stale and lethargic.

Members drone along at weekly meetings and field service. The leaders' tight grip has quashed any creativity and spark individual members may have had.

Such a sad situation. Hopefully their heavy-handedness will contribute to their downfall.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

May the Governing Body taste cruelty and bitter tears of shame for all their mistreatment of those that trusted them and the innocent persons they have harmed,,may what they fear most come upon them.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I have been reading your site for three days now.........like a new internet addict junkie once again. I was actually looking for a real JW site with some ZING after five years of being online corresponding online only with JW's. I find this site very insightful and intelligent and have a truely different idea of those that leave now. In a few short days after reading posts here, I am glad to know what I have been feeling is normal. I could spend hours telling "my story" but would just be the same in bits and pieces of others. But what made me fineally post was how true this post is. I have sat through many meetings thinking I just did not have the right "heart condition" to understand. And how hard is it to repeat a sentence out of a paragraph at the WT studies where's a persons brain? .......It was not like that many years ago, I truely did use to enjoy heartfelt, thought out comments from people, but now they are so unfeeling and automatic and if someone does comment out of the box.......they are usually new and or it is someone visiting from somewhere else. I find it difficult the way we are taught. Even in a book study, it's not like they are going to let us ask a question if we did not quite get a certain point. And.......if we did not understand before the meeting with personal study...I am sure we will get it on our own afterwards????? blah blah blah you are a smart lot of people.......thanks for letting me observe.

• sf
    sf

Hey Purplesofa!

Did you, at one, time chat on about.com and msn chat?

If so, it's very nice to see you here. Welcome!

sKally

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Hello & welcome Purplesofa.

The situation in the Org is becoming unbearable. I attend the meetings, look around at the faces and feel sadness. There is nothing wrong with you, feeling like we aren't "spiritual" enough is part of the indoctrination.

Continue to hang out on this site, observe, and feel free to participate whenever you're so inclined.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I loved about.com.........still miss it!! Did we know each other there?

• Neo
    Neo

Hi purplesofa! I'm glad you took your time to post here. Welcome to JWD!

Yeah, all those things that were in the back of our minds in the KH can be said here. One of the things we couldn't ever say there is that the organization is robotic and sterile, completely different from the rosy picture that they try to convey. The many problems are swept under the rug.

doinmypart,

Members drone along at weekly meetings and field service. The leaders' tight grip has quashed any creativity and spark individual members may have had.

Your whole post is a very correct diagnostic of the situation inside the Org. The "vibrancy" it once had has been eroding since the "generation that will not pass" fiasco and the erosion is intensified by the brain drain in Bethel. Now they have to play their silly Orwellian game of "you can do that"/"you can't do that."

As you've said, the good thing is that this combination of silliness with despotism will ultimately bring their downfall.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

There seems to a misunderstanding about voting.

The WT had a really poorly written ( ya, I know, redundant) article about voting and the Christian conscience. Re read it; it seems to be protecting sisters whose husbands insist they vote. It makes the pretense of saying it is a conscience matter, but then makes a veiled threat about neutrality.

JW's cannot vote and remain a JW, it is as simple as that. I have family who registered to vote, didn't even vote, the JC picked up on it and announced that he had disassociated himself; he didn't care anyway.

Point is: you cannot vote and remain a witness. The result, if you get caught, is that they will announce your DA without even necessarily meeting with you, same as blood transfusion.

• sf
    sf

Well, who stands out to you most purple? Any lasting impressions?

I sure remember LadyJudy and a couple others.

sKally

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

AHHHHHHH yes I remember LadyJudy aka JudgeJudy she was a great source of entertainment..... some days!!! I have not totally figured this site out...... you can email me at [email protected] purps Thanks for the nice welcomes and Hello's btw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit