Resisting Cults in San Francisco

by Swan 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

While in San Francisco a couple weeks ago I was offered a free stress test twice by people with a table full of Dianetics books. I said "no thank you" and went on my way. I successfully resisted the Scientologist's pitch due to my study and experience with cults in general, and Jehovah's Witnesses specifically.

Yet I wasn't completely successful that trip in avoiding temptation. While walking back to my hotel, I happened through Union Square. I am ashamed to say that my attention was attracted to a cute little robot all dressed in silver and moving about in it's little droid manner. I stopped, took a couple of pictures, and then put a dollar into the little silver cup the droid had for the purpose of collecting tips. It nodded to me in thanks, in its jerky, mechanical fashion.

It's a lesson to all of us. No matter how long you have been out of the JW's, how much study you have done, or how successfully you have resisted others, you never know when you might fall victim to mime control.

Tammy

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

That, is a gem.

• Tigerman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit