"Organized to do Jehova's Will" Book contents

by DaCheech 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Neo
    Neo

Hi DaCheech! Is there any difference in the eighty or so baptism questions in the end of the book?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I'm going to study these, and get back to you this weekend..... But I have not read the old questions is 15+ years or so!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Neo>

I liked this point:

What was the result? The first three chapters ended up combining into a Trinitarian formula:

(1) Organized to do Jehovah's Will

(2) Recognizing Christ's role in God's arrangement

(3) Trusting "the Holy Spirit Faithful and Discreet Slave"

It's a kind of divine irony that they blew their fragile façade by unintentionally putting forth a parody of the Trinity that sounds blasphemous in light of orthodox Christian doctrine.

Very true! I wonder how many of the R&F will 'twig' to this?

Cheers, Ozzie

• FDS
    FDS
  • FDS
    FDS

I was at the hall yesterday and it was stressed that only good standing publishers and baptized members could obtain a copy. They even refused to give visting brothers a copy, must get it at your own hall! Nevertheless they ran out even for my hall lol.

Have a place for one's name is nothing NEW. All of the early booklets had this like Preaching in Peace & Unity etc.

If you are all not aware the elders are stressing the "HEART" motive these days, no longer do they wish to battle trinity ideas door to door, no, they want to appeal to your heart because to think is too much to ask and we certainly cannot have that ;-)..

FDS

• edna
    edna

David Ciccio, we know who you are.

• Bryan
    Bryan

edna... is that an anagram for "Dean"?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Oh... we know who you are too!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    "David Ciccio, we know who you are."

Are you referring to me?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

The new book uses "od"as the publication symbol. I think that sums up how it came into being quite well. Someone od'ed on power wrote the thing.

• uc644800
    uc644800

If you all received a copy of the book , is that you still are attending the meetings. Why? You obviously do not want to be there!

Not man enough to do what you really want to do? Its easier to criticised the organisation and put the shinning light towards it in a purpose to hide your own weaknesses and inadequaties.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit