Catholic bishops: Over 1,000 new claims of abuse

by Dogpatch 17 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

In response to Mary , IMO they are attracted to the catholic church because they know they will be alone with alter boys . I do know there is an epidemic in all religions with this illness , even the amish have these problems but in the catholic church they are better at covering it up and priests were getting away with it because the church would simply move them to new locations instead of remove them and report it . Good God the way you make it sound is like men will succumb to any sort of sexual behaviour simply because women are off the menue . LOL

nice job blondie .

• Mary
    Mary

Hmmm.......interesting thoughts........I had always believed that there were so many pedophiles in the Catholic Church because they couldn't have normal relations with women.....it never occurred to me that these guys were purposely seeking out these positions in order to get their prey. I always figured that this problem arose after a few years of celebacy on the priests' part.

WHAT A BUNCH OF PIGS!!!

• blondie
    blondie

I might mention too, Mary, that many more girls in general are molested than boys, molested by these heterosexual men who have a sexual outlet. Girls are molested by priests and nuns as well. SNAP really tries to get rid of the stereotypical concepts about pedophiles.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

For what's its worth I read statistics that said that the rate of pedophiles among catholic priests was no higher than the rate among the general population, something like 3 or 4%.

• heathen
    heathen

bondie --- I've never heard of young girls being abused . hmmmmmmm interesting . I do think it some very faulty reasoning to conclude that men who take a vow of celibacy will stupe to child abuse just to get some sex .

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

They are competing with JW for being a pedophile paradise. If it wasn't so tragic that so many young lives have been ruined it would be funny. This brought to you by the same people that gave us the bloody crusades and Inquisitions.

Will

• blondie
    blondie

Well, you see, heathen, I go to the source, SNAP and LINKUP and other groups that are fighting the Catholic Church on child abuse. I have met many Catholic women that were abused as girls by nuns and priests sitting in support groups and hearing their sad stories and how their families treated hem for accusing a priest or a nun. One had not talked to her family for 15 years.

I invite you to look up the regional groups in your area or read their websites, the best source of information.

http://www.snapnetwork.org/snap_regional_offices/snap_regional_directors.htm

Blondie

• codeblue
    codeblue

I totally agree with Dogpatch

I heard the news about the new Catholic claims of abuse cases that day and wondered: Are the JW's as high or higher in the stats of abuse?

CodeBlue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit