Hate leaving my family behind.

by Big Dog 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kls
    kls

Welcome Big Dog I am glad you did not follow the mindless of the wt and made a real life for yourself. alt

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Hi Big dog,

Welcome to the board. And good for you for not getting tangled up in watchtowers' web.

I wish I would have had the sense to do the same when I was a teenager.

My heart bleeds when I look at my family and watch how they push themselves week after week trying to get to that elusive new order.

I also hate leaving them behind and this is the reason why my hubby and I still go to the meetings and pretend to be jws.

Hope to hear more from you.

Wannaexit

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Hi Big Dog, and welcome to the board.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Good to hear from you, Big Dog!

I was raised a 4th gen JW. My mother has been one for about 61 years and still goin' strong. Most of my aunts, uncles and cousins are also in the thick of it. I was pressured into being baptized at the age of 18, in spite of my doubts and disbeliefs, then DF'd a few years ago. Those still in are all older than me and they are good people, yet I feel almost as if I am the parent and they are the children and I have to watch them make this "mistake" in continuing to reinforce a huge error in judgement, doing something I feel is harmful. But that is their choice and I can't do anything about it, so I love them and do what I can protect myself and my daughter from their cultish attitudes and beliefs. And I'll always be here for them if they should want to reach out to me again or if they want to discuss doubts and questions of their own...

~Merry

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Welcome !!!

never fully becoming the people they could have been

that's what really bother me, and more over about my little sister, which married (too early) with braindead JW elder she'll never get a single chance to be herself ... !!! What kind of life is that !

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

I really feel for my mom, having lost her husband of over 50 years who she was sure that she was going to go into the new system with. And all of her siblings who were JW's are gone. I can tell she is just devastated and bewildered, she just knew that she was never going to have to face these losses as she was told for most of her adult life. What a wonderful selling point, believe what we believe and you'll never have to see your loved ones die, nice recruiting tool. Now she is alone after so many losses and her health is failing and still she clings to the borg though I can tell she had been rocked. And what really hurts is I can't comfort her. When dad was dying one of the hospice nurses said JW's were the hardest to work with as they are so resistant to accepting any comfort in this world, sort of the same mentality as has been discussed with disaster issues. God will make everything right in the new system.

• AllRightsReserved
    AllRightsReserved

Sorry Big Dawg?Been a lurker for three years?Just can?t believe the hype. Lawyer?WT. No. Little Dawgs should stay on the stoop. ARR. Peace.

• AllRightsReserved
    AllRightsReserved

Just to clarify ? I have been a lurker for three years? Hey, my first post. Thanks DAWG.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Welcome to the board Big Dog from a fellow Buckeye. What part of the state do you live in?

Yes it's very sad how straightjacketed JW's are by the overbearing religious hierarchy that continually cajoles and manipulates them into submission, your sister sounds like a sad yet typical JW case where she just won't think about the things she won't think about.

• AllRightsReserved
    AllRightsReserved

DanTheMan..RU Kidding Me??? Buckeys...BDMBITL...I have been told that means - Best Damn Marching Band In The Land...Ya; Think...When we yell, we yell like Hell..For the Glory of...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit