The point of Russell's pyramid?

by Nick 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Buster
    Buster

ConfusedJW: Yes, one of the 'Studies' changed one the measurements by adding 40 inches to account for the New Light to account for the fact that the world didn't end in 1914. So he needed to chagned the beginning for the Time of the End from 1874 to 1914. This is interesting for at least one other other reason: In the Watchtower of the time, Russel published a list of version changes to the Studies volume. As the Watchtower list stated, the changes listed were largely inconsequential. BUT the addition of 40 inches to a measurement in the Pyramid was never mentioned. He left it out - because otherwise he would have had to acknowledge a huge change. Instead he left himself to be a proven 'liar by omission.'

One other point I like to make: There were no such things as inches back then. I guess God-the-Architect knew we were going to inches smoeday.

And you can't quote me, but I seem to remember Russell published some analysis that didn't fit, and in some cases he used a made up measurement: Biblical Inches. I don't have my references stuff here at work. does anyone share this recollection?

Okay, another point: Rutherford stayed with the Pyramid stuff until 1925 when he referred to Satan as the architect and that the pyramid's were his greatest deception.

Pyramids - one of my favorite JW lunacies.

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

I'm not sure-----wasn't it at the top

• ballistic
    ballistic

Perhaps he loved pyramids because he loved pyramid selling, he basically invented it!, and was even buried under a pyramid shaped gravestone. I have the Divine Plan of the Ages edition with the full pull out pyramid thingy.

• minimus
    minimus

When some get disturbed over why I challenge RR's defense of Russell, now, you can see why.

• sf
    sf

christopher,

Cool avatar. I'll assume you read Angels and Demons then?

sKally

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

It probably had something to do with Russel either being or wanting to be a freemason.

Anyone know if he was/wasn't?

Steve.

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

Angels and Demons---Fantastic !!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Is this the same FDS of 'this generation'?

• AlanF
    AlanF

Satanus, that was an excellent web article on pyramidology! I'm happy to report that I've managed to collect all of the mentioned works of Taylor, Smyth, Seiss, Russell and the Edgar brothers. It's amazing the quantity of nonsense these guys put out.

AlanF

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Some think Rousel only sympathetic to the masons. I think he was a mason. I also think his symbology in his books and magazines was to let other luciferians "hey I'm with you guys"

*** g97 3/22 p. 13 A Search for Solutions ***
    will this Great Architect then allow greedy man to wipe out the rain forests and ruin the earth?
    *** g70 5/22 pp. 21-22 Eye-catching Architecture?Ancient and Modern ***
    Consider, rather, how marvelously the Great Architect of the universe implanted in men so great a variety of capabilities!
    *** w56 11/15 p. 685 Israel?s Wonderful Way in Worship ***
    from the great Architect of the universe, Jehovah God himself.

?quote? In Masonry, the "Great Architect Of The Universe ", who is the Masonic God has some of the attributes of the God of the Bible,

I might add to this the memorial performed at KHes across the world on March 24 this year is a form of black Sabbath, a parody of the last supper in which the host is rejected by practically every Dub.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit