861,000 Left WT since 2000

by Bluegrass Tom 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bluegrass Tom
    Bluegrass Tom

I have been hearing people talk about there being 6 Million Witness world wide for many years. This sounded like little or no growth to me, repeating the same approximate figure for years. So, I did some research from the Annual Service Year Reports in the Yearbooks. I looked back in time and saw that in 1999 The peak for publishers was 5,912,492, and in the following year the Peak broke 6.million. The following is a summary of Peak Publishers Vs. amount of people baptized since the 6 Million mark was hit.

Peak Publishers

2000: 6,035,564. 2004: 6,513,132. The increase is 477,568.

However in the period of 2000-2004 there were 1,339,068 baptized.

The difference between the amount baptized and the reported increase in Peak Publishers is (1,339,068-477,568)=861,500.

Something happened to 861,500 Peak Publishers. This is a tremendous number of members to lose in a 5 year period. Here is what the Average Publisher numbers look like.

Average Publishers

Average Publisher numbers did not break 6 million until 2002. In 2001 there were 5,881,776 Avg. Publishers.

2002: 6,048,600. 2004: 6,308,341. The increase is 259,741

However in the period of 2002-2004 there were 768,730 baptized.

The difference between the amount baptized and the reported increase in Avg. Publishers is (768,730-259,741)=526,989

Something happened to 526,989 Avg. Publishers. This also is a tremendous number of members to lose in a 3 year period.

The losses in Peak and Average Publishers is a combination of death (smallest contributer), disfellowshipped, disassociated, inactive, or straight-out AWOL. I believe that people are waking up to what has happened to them, and they are leaving in droves. The Annual Service Reports confirm this to anyone who will do a little analysis.

• minimus
    minimus

Once all the JW fmilies all get baptized, we're looking at Quaker territory!

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I think the internet has been devastating to the org, my dad tells me that they are constantly warning about the dangers of surfing the web.

You are very right about having such a high number of defections in such a short period of time.

I think you can expect more to come.

dragonlady76

• metatron
    metatron

The good thing about such defections is the chilling effect it has on future conversions. Many countries now have

huge numbers of ex-Witnesses or people who faded away before they actually got baptized. These people can give

warn away anyone who starts to study with Witnesses.

The intensity of Watchtower stupidity can be seen from studies done in the world about brand reputation. US car companies

learned that if someone buys a lemon, they tell an average of 17 people about it. Japanese car companies could be very careful

about these perceptions - and safeguarded them zealously, even when the reputation wasn't deserved.

The elderly Theocrats never learn.

metatron

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    US car companies learned that if someone buys a lemon, they tell an average of 17 people about it.

I've told more than that about this sect, and every time the response has been one of shock. Most people don't know (or care) a one iota about this little group, but upon hearing of the reality they are outraged.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Crazy!!! I'm just proud to be a part of the number.

Dustin

• Poztate
    Poztate
    The good thing about such defections is the chilling effect it has on future conversions. Many countries now have

huge numbers of ex-Witnesses or people who faded away before they actually got baptized. These people can give

warn away anyone who starts to study with Witnesses.

This is a good point also. It is not just the number of defections that is huge but the fact that more and more persons are speaking up about the "lie" that is the basis for the"truth"

For the countries that have good internet access and large deflection rates you will never again see the WT claiming any huge numbers of converts EVER AGAIN. No matter how much they beat the flock to do more it just will not happen.

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

I think its only a matter of time before they start showing a overall decrease in numbers.
    Third world countries are slowly catching up to the rest wrt technology, and more and more information is becoming available everywhere, so their growth resources are drying up. I can't wait...

:)

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I wouldn't be so sure of the 861,000 number since publishers do not have to be baptized. Still, I have no doubt that the number is up in the hundreds of thousands!

• fairchild
    fairchild

"The end" has been soooo near for decades and decades. Eventually, people get sick of waiting on something that's been promised but never comes. Let's see how many JW's will be left after the last one of the anointed ones dies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit