When were the dubs last in your area?

by ozziepost 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It seems that the visiting witnessing group is becoming an endangered species - rarely seen.

Is that your experience?

When were the dubs last in your area?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I saw some people in bad suits walking really slowly about a year ago, and in my last house a tract was put through the letterbox, maybe 18 months ago. Apart from that, nada.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

It's been close to a year since they've been here.

But I expect them to soon be knocking on my door (and I won't open the door to them) leaving a Memorial Invitation. And........I will probably be getting a phone call or two by the one who used to be relentless at ringing me up.

Sure glad I have caller ID! Then he blocked his phone number on caller ID thinking I would be dumb enough to answer if I didn't know who it was.

So I blocked the blocked calls and when anyone calls that way, the phone voice says that I do not accept blocked calls.

HappyDad

• holly
    holly

oh my word, you should live near me. its crawling with jws. they are like ants........they are everywhere. they come round all the time - they must have heard armageddon coming real soon because they are very busy.

everywhere i go i meet Jws. i catch a bus, one starts talking to me. i go to work, theres jws there. i go out socializing - oh theres another two (there always seem to be two of them). i went on holiday recently and got talking to two very nice woman - guess what - jws.

maybe Jehova trying to tell me something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

When I was 'in', I thought we were inundating the world - that was illusion and fantast I guess.

Since I am out - I never see witnesses in service except when they stop for coffee at the place I go in the morning. They rarely stop there now - since I force them to talk to me kindly. I am on the 'shunning list' - right at the top I think - but I make them follow thier own rules. I am not DF'd and I will not allow them to be bastards without interference! [sorry bad word]

Jeff

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I can't remember the last time I saw JWs going around preaching since I left the borg. Of course I live in a residential/commercial area that doesn't have sidewalks for the 'dubs. And thats a good thing.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I haven't seen them preaching near my home since I moved here over a year ago. But I doubt they'd knock on my door. I'm sure I'm marked down as a 'do not call'.

Walter

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

We've lived in our new house going on 5 years and only once did the witnesses come around. Thank goodness for them my wife didn't answer the door. She would have given them an earful. I never see any of the witnesses from the old congregation. Not that I'm complaining.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Walter, YOU a 'do not call'? They must be still pissed about that Governing Body dousing themselves in gasoline and setting themselves ablaze comment you made.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I never see them. However I did see some about 2 years ago walking around other than that I hardly ever see them anymore.

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit