Did your KH sound system ever pick up CB radio?

by MungoBaobab 14 Replies latest jw friends

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Well did it? I remember mine did, way back in the early- to mid-80's. It was always funny to all of a sudden hear a trucker hollering out the F-word in the middle of the Service Meeting! Man, if could only imagine the deer-in-the-headlights look of panic in the eyes of the elders. The couple of seconds that passed as the brother running the sound system scrambled to turn down the volume must have seemed like an eternity to them.

• Pole
    Pole

It did happen a few times at the old Kingdom Hall where I attended with my moter in the late 1980s.

DEEEMONZZZ....

Pole

• Gadget
    Gadget

In my area most of the Kingdom halls were getting radio mikes to use for the audience. When I was working as a sound lighting engineer we often used to get problems because there was only 4 main frequencies used by our mikes and they used to clash with others used in the venue, we had to make sure they all got turned off before our show began. It would be so easy to buy a radio mike and a few diffents crystals, and stand outside a hall til you found the correct frequency to broadcast your own version of the meetings over the sound system..........

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Yes, radio a few times and CB once.

Here's what happened in the CB incident. My dad had just installed a new CB in our car (station wagon) During the School my aunt goes outside and starts playing around with the CB. "Breaker 19 good buddies, yall come back with a radio check?" gets blasted over the PA in my aunt?s voice. Hahha my dad sent a kid out to go tell her to stop messing with the CB. She didn?t come back in to the hall the rest of the night.

At our assem hall, the broadcast frequency for the program is real close to a rap station. It was so cool during Jaracz part to have Jay-Z doing Big Pimpin.

HHahahha

Out

IPSec

• FairMind
    FairMind

That's a 10-4 good buddy!

• SallySue
    SallySue

Oh how I had to laugh when I read the title of this post. Yes, way back in the olden days... but we never had a hall large enough for mics used for the audience...

• El Cid
    El Cid

In one the halls I use to attend, the sound system picked up an AM radio broadcast of what sounded liked a Mexican bull fight - funny as hell!

• Undecided
    Undecided

No, but my stero system would pick up pilots talking to the airport about 50 miles from here. This was in the 60s.

Ken P.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

In my LDS chapel once we were all settling down to the weekly sacrament (similar to the yearly? memorial) with bread and water - all very quiet and solemn when suddenly Wham Wake Me Up Before You GoGo blared out really loud over the sound system. there was a moment of stunned inactivity except for the odd set of false teeth being rearranged before a couple of our Elders disapperaed to apprehend the young culprit. The big berk had thought that by putting on headphones and placing a tape in the deck it would not make any sound. I remember being so embarrassed for him....what crap song to play. I also remember our new fangled satellite hook up with Salt Lake City - we all sat expectantly waiting for words of enlightenment but somehow we got patched into a boxing match and we got two minutes of 3 metres by 4 metres of sheer brutality. Cool.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Yes, happened now and then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit