Microsoft X Box Power Cord Recall

by TresHappy 3 Replies latest social entertainment

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

If you own an X box, and if you have a kid chances are you do, Microsoft is voluntarily recalling some of the power cords. For information, go to www.xbox.com.

Below is the text of their website.

Microsoft is providing new power cords at no charge to replace the cords that originally came with some Xbox consoles. You will need your Serial Number and Manufacture date to verify if your Xbox Console requires a replacement cord. This is located on the bottom of your console. If you have your Manufacture date and Serial Number and are ready to continue, please choose Place An Order below.

If you would like additional information on how to locate your serial number and manufacture date, please click here.

If you would like to obtain additional information on this program, please click here.

If you are unable to locate your serial number or manufacture date, please click here.
  • CinemaBlend
    CinemaBlend

As long as it isn't going to catch fire, I don't care.

I've had mine 3 years.

• cab1000
    cab1000

I seen this on the news tonight. Kinda scary, people are getting hurt, carpets burning, even houses on fire.....Gonna unplug mine till I get the new cord...

~cab

UPDATE:

The website says this after you "order" your new cord:

Your order is now complete. Your new cord should ship within a matter of days. Until you receive and install your replacement power cord, turn off your Xbox when it?s not in use. If you would like to check the status of your order, please visit this website again.

So, I guess the problems occur when you leave the sucker on too long....

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

WoW!! I`ll have to check this out. We too have had ours for 3 or 4 years, no problems. Thanks for posting this for us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit