Fred Franz Discredited a GB -- Part II

by RationalWitness 12 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Venice,

If Fred had given a talk, totally in disagreement with already known Biblical information, there would have been corrective measures taken, that I can rest assured of. I don't recall any such flap occuring, - George

Now, that I believe - particularily if the Biblical information was information given by the WTBTS. Don't mess with the Big Boys - corrective measures will be taken, rest assured.

Thus, from a fervant jw - the true implications for speaking in disagreement with the WTBTS.

This has been an interesting thread.

Thanks to RW and you for the insight.

waiting

• Maximus
    Maximus

There was no bigger boy than Fred Franz, who could say anything he pleased, and often did to the consternation of others. On "known Biblical information" he was ultimate authority. Who would/could have taken "corrective measures" if he deviated?

Not a writer, Knorr composed none of his own talks and made no pretense of being a theologian; he had to rely on his Oracle, FWF. Fred felt it his bounden duty and solemn obligation to support the man with the mantle, Knorr, as he had Rutherford and Russell in the past.

Above all, Fred was ever the pragmatist. Like a good attorney, he could argue both sides of an issue but always took the expedient or the "loyal" in the final analysis. It is not at all inconsistent for him to have expressed his own personal thoughts and then turn right around and lay out the "theology" of a governing body, as he did in the Watchtower later. Maddening to those around him sometimes.

I know for a fact he did not agree with the "theological" rationale for Beth-Sarim, but laid it out when he had to; then corrected it in 1950 with the electifying talk at Yankee Stadium identifying the "princes" or "ancient worthies" in attendance that day. A shocker to those who had nodded off during the exposition.

RW is absolutely correct. I've posted him privately on his question above. And thanks, Venice, for your great post.

Max

• Maximus
    Maximus

double post from demonic influence--probably Masonic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit