A Pastor's Heart

by Arnie 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Arnie
    Arnie

I can feel the pain of some many ex-followers of the WTS (WTBTS) religion aka the "truth". I have and will continue to minister to JW's. My love for them is overwhelming. I minister in tears, in brokeness, and in humiliation. I am not a typical pastor because my congregation consists of just my wife and my children. I don't raise money. I don't sell books. I just have my living room, a few Bibles and some song books. I am about to engage in the work of Evangelism to JW's and others. I hope my love, compassion, and the truth of God's love will pierce the shell of deception and falsehood. I embrace the Cross of Christ and Freedom in Christ. Those of you who ware now secular, atheist, agnostic, or pagan I hope you see that what you experienced at the hands of the GB and the elders of the "truth" were mere men. As to who was guiding them I think you already know. To those of you who are now "Saved" BA, please pray for me as I minister to active pioneers, DF, DA, and inactive JW's. If you have any comments please let me know. As a Christian Pastor it is my duty to demonstrate the love of Jesus. I only wish I could personally confront the members of the GB with a host of wounded and lost souls they are responsible for destroying. They need to hear the cry of the wounded flock. It will be more tolerble for Sodom then for these on the Day of Judgement for they have knowingly lied to and willingly mislead many members of the flock of God under the guise of the "truth". My God have mercy upon me. In His Love, Arnie J

• under74
    under74

Well...welcome to the forum. I wouldn't look to convert people here (not that that was your intention, right?)
    Anyway, if you came to the forum to learn more about JWs or recovering JWs this is a good place.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon
    I embrace the Cross of Christ and Freedom in Christ.

Good for you I hope you find every happiness in you faith.

Those of you who ware now secular, atheist, agnostic, or pagan I hope you see that what you experienced at the hands of the GB and the elders of the "truth" were mere men.

Very aware thank you and happy in my current beliefs that the god you worship is no more than an outdated mode of social control.

There, now we're both happy.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Arnie:A word to the wise, you've just stumbled over almost every "trigger" an exJW is likely to detest.
    Maybe if you'd thrown in "Trinity" and "Hellfire", or made a direct offer to pastor folks, you might have achieved a fait accompli.

Nonetheless, every blessing, in Christ.

Edited to add:
    Don't mind mtbatoon. He's a Yorkshireman, and they can be as blunt as butterknives...

Under74:Ditto.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Arnie,

Welcome aboard!

Just a suggestion, up-front evangelism to the dubs is likely to be seen by them as provocative. There are better ways of demonstrating the love of Christ - just live it and witness about what your church/group/fellowship is doing and studying etc right now. The dubs have been conditioned to think that only they (the WTS) have any interest in studying the Bible, showing christian brotherly love to each other etc. Just witness about that. ....and let God do the rest. He knows His own.

Ozzie

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Arnie,

I wish you the best, but trying to minister to current JW's is like trying to drill through a 3 foot thick concrete wall with a 1/4" drill. They will not listen to you as they have not listened to many others who tried to do the same thing as you. As the majority of us on this forum are XJW's, it was our own doubts that eventually helped us make the decission to leave.

Some like myself are now Christian and know the real Jesus and witness to others by being true to themselves and others, showing unconditional love and being real and honest. Some want nothing to do with anything that deals with religion, but are also being true to themselves and others, showing the unconditional love that none of us knew as JW's. All are respected here and are free to express what they believe.

If you can plant a seed, that is good. But a seed blown by the wind and from no direct source has worked better. As in mine and others cases, that windblown seed landed on us and started to grow in the sense that it made us think out of the box.

Once we started to think, the questions followed. Then the answers came eventually as that concrete wall started to crumble.....and not crumbled by any person trying to witness to us against our long held belief system........ but through gradual deterioration. Now that wall is down and we are free!

Now as we have a new life, the rubble of the past one is being cleaned up........for some of us very fast........for others very slow. But how beautiful life is now as we see progress as we continue to work at it.

HappyDad

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Arnie, I for one feel no pain relating to being an ex-jw, life, new direction and therapy have all worked their magick. My life is very happy and very complete without the christian faith. Please be assured that those of us who have chosen other paths to the divine do not need your prayers or your saving or anyone else's for that matter. We did not choose our way due to ignorance nor blindness, but through a calling every bit as strong and sincere as your own, or in the case of the athiests among us, due to well thought out scientific facts. God/dess takes on many faces to those who believe. Thinking that christians have the only moral path or righteousness is not only arrogant but ignorant as well.

Coming in here and trying to proseletize is just going to upset a lot of people, myself included. We don't need to be patronized, we don't need any passive agressive sympathy. And we don't need you to minister to us.

Blessed be,

Sherry

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    we don't need you to minister to us.

speak for yourself!

• FairMind
    FairMind

Arnie, I appreciate your concerns. I’m an active JW who was a Baptist prior to becoming a JW. I believe the JW core doctrine is more in line with the Bible (IMHO) than that of the churches so I’ll stick with that. Yes, I have experienced ill treatment at the hands of the WTS but guess what? I’ve seen hypocrisy up close within the Baptist religion as well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit