Were the doors locked at your KH, during meetings?

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• seawolf
    seawolf

I've never been to one where they were locked. I've never heard of this before. Been to several halls in the not-so-good side of town and they weren't locked either.

• Special K
    Special K

My thoughts exactly billygoat

But isn't that against most fire codes for a "church"?
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Yes. But they have good reason. A crazed person broke in with a machete about a year ago, terrorized the congregation. He got jail time, and deserved too. They now have a camera on the door, and the main doors are locked during the service.

No fire code breaks, though. There are panic handles on the inside, along with the regular one-way fire-exit doors.

P.S. They have a doorbell, too, for latecomers. The doorbell is a welcome diversion during the service, at least for me.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

No, every time I arrived for a meeting, the doors were open.........sadly.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    The reason they said they locked the door was that there is a State Mental Hospital in the town, and crazy people from all over would happen to come in and cause disturbances.....

Ya gotta watch out for those "crazy people" from State Mental Hospitals; studies have shown that, after having made a break from the restraints and limitations of the hospital, the very first place they want to head is the Kingdom Hall.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Nice to see you around, berylblue. How you doin'?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

No but soon they are going to have to lock them to keep people in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit