Any Suggestions Regarding GOUT???

by minimus 41 Replies latest watchtower medical

• minimus
    minimus

I have it, have been on allopurinol for yrs. but recently stopped taking the med every day. BIG mistake! I've been in terrible pain the last 3 days and I'm back on med but I'm wondering what to do about the big toe/ foot pain in the meantime.

• Valis
    Valis

I would go heavy on the antioxidants and start walking more...even if it hurts..BTDT..

Also, I would start loading up on cranberry juice...give yourself a good flush......also maybe a sauna or hot tub...helps you get a good sweat on and reduced the pain..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Gout Free" class

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

ummm..........if it offends thee, cut it off ..?

hehe.. dont do that..i thought gout was caused by a nutritional defienciency of some sort? take your vitamins! and get your dr to prescribe a better pain med if the ones your taking arent strong enough to relieve your pain.

• Valis
    Valis

too much uric acid in the system is what causes gout...also spending too much time at the compy will do it to you for sure...Several years ago when I first became an Internet Junkie it happened to me...too much sitting and not enough sweat...Although i have known some people who have physical labor jobs and they have had it as well....very painfull and not fun....You feel like ya done broke a toe or somethin I know...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• minimus
    minimus

Someone just gave me oxycontin...40 mg.

• Valis
    Valis

good for an anti imflamitory I guess, but still does not resolve the root cause min...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• minimus
    minimus

A half hour ago I took a hydrocodone. I'm afraid to mix, just yet.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Someone just gave me oxycontin...40 mg.

OMG! Mini you must be in lots of pain, hope it settles down soon for you once your regular meds kick in. Now don't go off them again ya hear!

a cyber kiss for your boo-boo, ewelllll........I can't believe I did that! LOL

• dh
    dh

You could always pray to Jehovah for forgiveness . . .

• minimus
    minimus

Bikerchic, I won't tell your hubby.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit