Which is worse, Islam or Christendom?

by avengers 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• avengers
    avengers

LMFHO

Lets first start off with the Islam.
    Supposedly, the great prophet Mohammed married a 7 year ol girl, but agreed not to consumate the marriage until she was 9.
    (Must we conclude that the founder of the Islam was a pedophile?)

Now Christendom.
    Mary conceived a child while virgin. She was engaged.
    GOD had sex with her so she could conceive Jesus.
    GOD said in HIS own 10 Commandments: "Thou shall not commit adultery"
    Yet he had sex with Mary.
    So actually He screwed Joseph.
    (So then must we conclude GOD is an adulterer?)

Which is worse, Islam or Christendom?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'd rather hang around with adulterers than pedos.
    You make your own choice

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

If you belive the trinity, then its really messed up

Steve.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

LT:

As Mary was around 14, from a modern point-of-view, Christians get a two-for-one offer. She was an adulterous teen mother. Nice.

I have this image of a trailer in the outsirkts of Bethlehem, with a swollen-bellied, er, lady, with massively grown-out hair roots marring her bleach-job, a surgically-attached cigarette, wearing a dirty house-coat, leaning out of the screen door yelling;

"Jeeee-SUS! You git in here right now young son-of-man!"

The answer is easy. If you are Christian, Muslims are worse. If you are a Muslim, then Christians are worse. I am speaking of the vast majority; obviously there are enlightened Christians and Muslims who see the same tradition of faith expressed in different ways by the cultures they sprang from, with the perfectly obvious differences today explainable by historical and sociological considerations. If you are an atheist, you wish there were more Muslims and Christians who fell into the last group.

• bebu
    bebu
    GOD had sex with her so she could conceive Jesus.
    GOD said in HIS own 10 Commandments: "Thou shall not commit adultery"
    Yet he had sex with Mary.

Really? Are you saying the HS is God? The Bible says Mary became pregnant when the HS overshadowed her.

Christians understand a single sperm cell was apparently created inside her without intercourse. (BTW, the Mormons do teach that Mary did have physical sex with God the Father before she married Joseph.)

But I suppose you would have to accuse God of 'adultery' for every child ever born in the world, for He's considered directly involved in all procreation as well... Procreation in general is a great, daily miracle. Why is it thought offensive for God to do a single-celled miracle?

bebu

• chappy
    chappy

Avenger, much of Christendom has the habit of twisting what the Bible says. JW's are a prime example. Is it your past association with them that leads you to follow their example? Even if you don't accept the Bible as inspired, there's still no reason for such distortion.

chappy

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hello avengers

Both are equally bad; both have (or are) showing themselves equally willing to indiscriminately destroy those who don't agree with their religious perspectives...and both are equally anxious to assure their followers that great (though undemonstrated) rewards await them for their loyalty.

It takes great effort, the openness to listen, and, perhaps more than anything, a good measure of luck to stand back from life-long cherished beliefs and see them for what they are.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Craig:And it sometimes takes an open mind to realise that whilst we were wrong about some things, throwing the baby out with the bathwater never accomplished anything, either.
    Not everything stored at the back of the house is a pile of sh*t...

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Worse? Both of them fulfill the obligation of a religion, which is spiritual development of the individual. I disagree theologically with Islam, obviously, but I have no objection to their existence or practices.

As far as societal behavior goes, Muslims are clean, work hard, pay their taxes, donate to charity, and as we have seen, vote. Ergo, no worries, mate! Move right in!

Christendom has its strong points too; but your use of the term "Christendom" is rather old fashioned and really refers to the time period in Europe when the Pope ruled unchallenged. I think the modern Christian perspective of tolerance regarding individual belief is a great contribution to religious thought.

CZAR

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

From a religio-political viewpoint Christianity is the superior religious vehicle. It's ability to adapt, some may say compromise, to the social progress of history is quite unique among religions and ensures its survival for the foreseeable future.

Religions that cannot adapt are then obligated to try to force a modern world into its own image. Islam singularly fails in this regard and this is one reason why it will not survive unless it learns to adapt, as has Christianity over the past 2,000 years.

Best regards - HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit