Your Choice: Lies, Confusion, or Drift - Which? (Mar 15 WT)

by metatron 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheListener
    TheListener

Exactly Metatron. It's like anyone at a job for a long time. You tend to get used to what is acceptable and what is not. I apply this to those in Bethel. Especially those who write the meaty WT articles. They have become complacent with their positions. If your boss doesn't discuss your use of the company telephone to make long distance calls with you when you make your first few calls chances are that over time you will become a more and more frequent user of the long distance service. By the time you get called on the carpet for over using the long distance you've become really accustomed to using it very frequently.

I feel the same is true at headquarters. Since no one can really call them on sloppy research or conflicting information they get sloppier and sloppier (the heavies at bethel could call them on it but that would require them to have the time and energy to review the articles). By the time someone does get called on it they've been at it for years and the text is available for all to see in the pages of books and magazines.

• minimus
    minimus

This article merely acknowledges an "apostate" argument has been made and simply REINFORCES the WT. position as UNCHANGED. Pretty simple if you ask me.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The Question is "Does the eating of the loaves of presentation by David and his men indicate that God's law can be broken with impunity under difficult circumstances? - 1 Samuel 21: 1-6"

I noticed that the writer used the word "impunity" which comes with evil and selfish connotations. Obviously a writing tactice use to stear the readers' conclusions.

(Matthew 12:9-14) 9After departing from that place he went into their synagogue; 10 and, look! a man with a withered hand! So they asked him, "Is it lawful to cure on the sabbath?" that they might get an accusation against him. 11 He said to them: "Who will be the man among YOU that has one sheep and, if this falls into a pit on the sabbath, will not get hold of it and lift it out? 12 All considered, of how much more worth is a man than a sheep! So it is lawful to do a fine thing on the sabbath." 13 Then he said to the man: "Stretch out your hand." And he stretched it out, and it was restored sound like the other hand. 14 But the Pharisees went out and took counsel against him that they might destroy him.
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'd love to see a scan of the article to see if it even mention the mercy that Jesus talked about...

(Matthew 12:3-8) 3
    He said to them: "Have YOU not read what David did when he and the men with him got hungry? 4 How he entered into the house of God and they ate the loaves of presentation, something that it was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those with him, but for the priests only? 5 Or, have YOU not read in the Law that on the sabbaths the priests in the temple treat the sabbath as not sacred and continue guiltless? 6 But I tell YOU that something greater than the temple is here. 7 However, if YOU had understood what this means, ?I want mercy, and not sacrifice,? YOU would not have condemned the guiltless ones. 8 For Lord of the sabbath is what the Son of man is."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit