What sort of King would Prince Charles be?

by onacruse 13 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

A shameless spin-off of http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/85172/1.ashx

He's the one who couldn't keep his pants zipped (except when it came to Diana).

So why all this vitriol against Camilla? Opportunity knocked, and she took it.

And, for that matter, who even gives a shyte about "who marries who"? Ordinary men and women have been sexually and maritally betraying each other for millenia...how does the fact that a man who, by the mere happenstance of birth, is in line for rulership of a country, make any difference?

And then there's Clinton and his famous cigar.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Did you ever read the bloom county cartoons about charles and di? If no you should go to a used book store and pick up some of the books and read they were HILARIOUS!

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

I think he would make a very good Monarch - but I wonder if he will ever get the chance. Our present Queen, I don't believe, will ever abdicate - and if her mother's longevity is anything to go by, she may outlive Charles.

In the light of Charles marrying Camilla, I think the some people will have issues as to whether he can reign, as Edward VIII had to abdicate the throne to marry a divorced woman.

Charles has already stated that he will be King George VII when/if he becomes King.

• barry
    barry

I thought Camilla was Catholic isnt that a problem too. Charls is the head of the Anglican Church when he becomes King.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Head of the Church of England - I believe founded by Henry VIII - C of E is the major religion here which the majority of infants are Christened (Baptised) into - I was Christened at 4 weeks old.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm sure that Bonnie Prince Charlie will do a splendid job launching ships, visiting orphans, opening hospitals, being photographed hunting game on holiday at Balmoral.

Really, what kind of real king-stuff does the King Of England do anymore anyway? It's all about nostalgia and sentiment these days. I kind of doubt Prince Charles is a staunch Anglican anyway. And since when is the Anglican Church staunch anyway? I was raised in it. It's very fluffy compared to Catholicism. You get the Catholicism without all the control.

Your primeminister and parliment have the power: the king is just an adorment.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

There is an act, I forget what it's called, that prevents Catholics or anyone of a religion other than Anglicanism from ascending to the throne. Although, I was reading in the newspaper that apparently Charles' people are preparing for her to become Queen one day probably in opposition to the present Queen's wishes.

That being said, I would rather replace our head of state with an elected one (preferrebly once every 5-10 years). Why should we be ruled by these rich, sometimes insane, and in-bred people?

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

If BBC news and other British media is halfway correct, then Charles was in love with Camilla long before he met Diana. He did not want to marry Diana in the first place. He did so because of the requirement that he have royal heirs born of nobility. Camilla is a commoner. However, Diana is long deceased, so I fail to see all the fuss about Charles finally getting together with his first love. He's not the first royal to have romantic challenges ... e.g. Henry the VIII.

Having an upper class rules the rest of us is among the reason for the American revolution. It is even stated in the US Constitution that titles of nobility are prohibited for American office holders. Such class distinctions are a form of racism, and really need to be abolished. The British have done well on other social issues, so it seems time they let Elizabeth be the last Monarch, and finally abolish this long outdated royal institution heldover from the middle ages. Even the French finally got rid of their royal family ... the hard way.

On the other hand, it does make for good reading in the gossip papers ... it is better than reality TV.

• Mary
    Mary

I think the real question is: Who's butt-uglier: Camilla Parker Bowles or Wallis Simpson?

What is it about the title "Prince of Wales" that makes them fall for such bowzers?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

The Question should be "What sort of Queen would Prince Charles be?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit