GB Split Over Bible vs. Policy

by Maximus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

I told them that I didn’t inhale. Got me off the hook, ha, ha.

Really though Voltaire, I appreciated your take on the goofy reasoning evident in that article.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Voltaire,

Sometimes, a paragraph or two would just not fit into the study article. Just absolutely not fit in. Or the wording would be so out of place as to just want to shout the oddness.

But that would be when the study conductor would gloss over it - and if someone (usually the bitchy sister who didn't know enough to keep her hand down) would keep waving their hand until called upon - after bringing the odd thought out in the paragraph.....the conductor would just stand there nodding saying "thank you for that thought, Sister."

At least the things I caught (and there were many I'm assuming I never did) - had to do with women & kids. Allowing them to do such, suggesting that a "slap" was not physical violence. Suggesting that kids "might" say something to someone if their parents "screamed out of control sometimes."

By and large, no one commented on the odd statements. Just glossed over completely. I think most were just nodding or daydreaming anyway.

Ah, well. So sad really.

waiting

• waiting
    waiting
    Jerome said: "They're hoping that a miraculous appearance of blood substitutes will bale them out in a few years."

I think you’re absolutely right. Everything we see now is just stalling and posturing, while they hope they can avoid having to publicly abandon the long standing blood policy (and all that entails) before the blood substitutes appear. The availability of these will make the whole issue a moot point, and will be a big win-win for the Tower; as the problem will just go away. It’s a lawyer’s dream. The fast track approval of Hemo-pure proves they’re just chomping at the bit to get these items on the approved list. - Copernicus

I missed this thought from both men the first time reading the thread, but makes good sense in retrospect. Just wait the R&F out. Save face - and if a couple or hundred more people die, no big deal.

The WTBTS will write that they, after careful and prayerful consideration, have come to the New Light understanding of this complicated situation - in order to help the dear, humble brothers and sisters in this anxious Time of the End.

And, Lord, most all of us use to buy this stuff - lock, stock, & barrel.

SMACK!!!!! (hand to the forehead!)

waiting

• Anchor
    Anchor

Too bad they didn't make this article into a drama. "Kill Those Who Deviate from Truth."

Anchor

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

bumping a great post

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

thanks DOC Yesit is a very good thread!

One thought that I have on the complete contradictory writings, even in the same article is that on eof the best ways to control people, it is keep them confused. They will then feel inadequate, unsure, and must need to DO and study more in order to get what MUST be obvious to those more spiritually mature than they......

Just a thought

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit