Intelligent Design

by Delta20 234 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ballistic
    ballistic
    In this case what I can't get my mind around is how male and females would be "gradually created" over thousands of year and yet have complimentary organs.

Confusedjw of the "I really don't know what to believe" class

The answer is that both sexes don't evolve independently, all the genetic makeup of both sexes is contained within the X chromosome, from humans down through the various animal species.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Ball - That doesn't really address it does it? How did genetic makeup get there to start makeing peni and vaginas?

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Ball - That doesn't really address it does it? How did genetic makeup get there to start makeing peni and vaginas?

Well, I thought your question was about how male and female (i.e. peni and vaginas) evolved independantly. If it wan't I'm sorry for wasting your time.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

WE ARE BORG....

if all intelligent life in the cosmos evolves and grows and learns and connects, in a million years, perhaps less, we could all become a borg like connected single entity with the power of god as many conceive a god to be.... and perhaps this is what pre-ceded this current version of the universe.... and every prior version all the way back to infinity... it would explain how both god and evolution are both true.

once we evolve to the status of God, we make an intelligently designed universe which begins to evolve all over again.... at this current stage we are the fragments of God which is like the pheonix who is rising from his own ashes.

G.O.D. Of Borg

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I didn't look real hard, so there's probably better info than this, but here's a discussion on how sexual reproduction could have come about:

http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/creation/sex.html

It won't convince anybody, but it might spark some thinking or remind somebody of a better explanation elsewhere.

Dave

• ballistic
    ballistic

OK, here's one about hermaphrodite reproduction in nematodes. While it seems like a bizarre place to start, it does explain all of the mechanisms in place. Sorry it's all I could find, but if you are serious about this stuff you might find it interesting.

http://www.hhmi.org/cgi-bin/askascientist/highlight.pl?kw=&file=answers%2Fgeneral%2Fans_047.html

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Didn't see anyone mention it yet, but Delta20, you might want to consider the "infinite recursion" flaw of the Intelligent Design concept. It is based on the premise that complex things require an intelligent creator. The universe is a complex place, the argument goes, so there must be a more vastly complex creator to put in in place.

But the problem is that a vastly intelligent creator is even more complex than the universe! Since your premise says complex things require a creator, then there must have been someone even more complex who created the creator.

In order to avoid this, you must say that the creator is a special case, that s/he just gets to exist. But if you're willing to break your basic premise on behalf of the supposed creator, why can't you accept that the universe just exists?

Just some things to consider.

SNG

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> complex things require a creator, then there must
    >> have been someone even more complex who created the creator.

Now that would be a god I could get behind. Did he write a book, a Super Bible or something?

Dave

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    But the problem is that a vastly intelligent creator is even more complex than the universe! Since your premise says complex things require a creator, then there must have been someone even more complex who created the creator.

In order to avoid this, you must say that the creator is a special case, that s/he just gets to exist. But if you're willing to break your basic premise on behalf of the supposed creator, why can't you accept that the universe just exists?

Not if your Creator exists outside of time and space or outside of his creation. The universe didn't always exist but the Creator does. He is the uncaused first cause. So my premise is that, the universe (or creation) is complex and shows evidence of an intelligent Creator. I don't think anyone today believes that it has always existed.

D Dog

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> I don't think anyone today believes that it has always existed. In it's present form, no. It's expanding, which suggests it started at some central point. But has it expanded, collapsed, and exploded before? Has that process gone on forever? Maybe. Want to see some proof that it has? [ insert proof here ] ;-) But it's as plausible as "god has always existed". Of course, "god has always existed" is plausible, too. Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit