Is the symbol the same as the real thing?

by Will Power 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

Gumby,

They already are bastards. And they make the other 144,000 of the twisted scriptures into concubines like Rizpah by referring to them as part of the FDS and then ignoring them altogether. The Governing Body has no clue as to the individual identities of any of their 'anointed' (another twist on the scriptures) brothers

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumby,

They already are bastards

Lol!

Gumby

• Will Power
    Will Power

onacruse

I can't take credit for that question line. I read it here a long time ago, but it sure hits home again & again.

I have a physical life right now that people see and I also have a spiritual life that no one sees. That is all happening right now. And everyone you meet is having the same! Some nurture, some ignore. Some need tools & props, some don't.

So what about the question about the elite drinking blood once a year? or the symbol - WT jargon same thing. Isn't anyone ever stumbled?

wp

• onacruse
    onacruse

WP:

While the lower level of followers watch in awe and contemplate their unworthiness.
    So what about the question about the elite drinking blood once a year? or the symbol - WT jargon same thing. Isn't anyone ever stumbled?

Speaking only for myself, I'd say yes...the sense of unworthiness, not being of the elite, not being truly worthy to God.

There was a period of several years where I very sincerely thought I was one of the anointed. I won't bore you with irrelevant details, but, for various reasons, I never partook.

In retrospect, now I can see that I was a psychological and emotional victim of a hierarchical religious system that "held out the carrot" to me, on a 1,000-foot-long pole.

One of my Bible students was also "stumbled" in the face of this doctrine, and another family I knew was torn apart because the mid-20s father purported to be of the anointed, and had the audacity to actually partake. He was a virtual pariah from that point on.

• wasasister
    wasasister

A good friend of mine who happens to be a Rabbi, says this about the Law:

"The law was given to man...man was not given to the law"

In other words, the life of any man (woman) is more important than the law. That sums it up nicely for me. The Jews have such a more balanced attitude towards the Law than JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit