Are Those Of Us That Do Not Preach or Attend Meetings Still JWs???

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I recall a lawsuit a few years ago when a JW broke his leg while in FS. He sued the local congregation and the WTS but lost because the WTS claimed that JWs are NOT required to engage in preaching work.

Does anyone have a reference for this lawsuit?

A little background on the broken leg... the JW went into a yard clearly marked with a No Trespassing sign. While walking in the yard the JW was attacked by a goat and knocked down, which resulted in a broken leg.

Ironically, the JW was able to sue the home owner for negligence even though the home owner had a No Trespassing sign up. The home owner had to sell his property to settle the lawsuit.

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Now you mention it Gill, that's another thing that bugs me - the way the JW always criticise the Catholic and C of E Churches for ''Christening'' (Baptising) infants - the JW wait until they're out of nappies first!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

No. Remember the 1980's BS from the assemblies. "If you were arrested by the authorities, could they convict you as being one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Dismembered

• minimus
    minimus

I believe we must protect ourselves from allowing the Watchtower Society to dictate to US what OUR options are. I think we must challenge the elders and the Society that tries to take action against us.....Why should we allow them to change the rules and just go after us???

• Gill
    Gill

The Edge - I'm finding, that just about everything about the JWs bug me now.

The fact that we do not 'preach' (sell mags) or attend meetings and that they would consider this so dangerous that they may shortly have to mark us publicly as DA'd just so that we can't influence anyone else to see sense is seriously bugging me.

I think if they really do that, then the gloves are off and we shall have to become VERY vocal about their beliefs. Afterall there'll be nothing to lose then!

• minimus
    minimus

Do you think we might be viewed as having "disassociated" ourselves? If so, we will be treated the same way as "disfellowshipped" ones.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

My opinion is that with the new information in that new book, soon all that have drifted away will soon be announced as 'no longer one of JWs', and will be given an appeal time at which meeting they'll be told if they want to continue to be considered a JW they then must comply with this and the other stuff.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit